As a part of the Engineering team, you will be building scalable solution that millions of users will be using as their primary mobile interface to submit and pay for their orders. We nurture creativity and encourage individuality to generate a great work environment with personality. In turn, we are seeking talent that doesn’t always want to do it the corporate way but strives to create innovative solutions that amaze and have some fun while doing it.
- Strong commitment to TDD (Test Driven Development) practices.
- BS in Computer Science or related field and 3-5 years of technical work experience
- Fluency in OO design and development with J2EE and/or the Grails framework. Someone who is comfortable with diverse technology stacks.
- Minimum 3+ years of Core, middleware and enterprise Java development e.g., RMI, JMX, JMS, EJB
- Minimum 3+ years of Java development, Groovy a plus
- Minimum 3+ years database skills including table layout and design, and SQL Queries - MySQL. NoSQL a plus
- Minimum 3+ year exposure to debugging tools and performance tuning
- Knowledge of secure coding practices, authentication/authorization, and encryption
- Knowledge or expertise of Middleware development platforms e.g. Java, .NET, WSO2, etc.
- Experience designing and implementing multi-tiered systems applications
- OLTP experience and knowledge of payment processing including experience with high-volume transaction processing and scaling distributed systems
- Experience with programming and operating in Linux operating systems.
- Excellent analytical, communication, organizational and problem-solving skills coupled with a strong work ethic
- Experience working with, selecting, and integrating 3rd party tools such as Apache, Tomcat, JBoss, middle-ware or database replication, monitoring tools, etc.
- Experience working with multi-site systems, including disaster recovery planning and implementation
- Experience working with AWS technologies
Nice to Have:
- Experience with web technologies such as HTML, CSS, SASS or LESS, JS, Grails, Groovy, Ruby on Rails
- Experience developing RESTful web services preferred
- Payments systems development experience a strong plus
We are a very well funded start-up with great benefits and 401K. We offer competitive salaries and equity, as well as flexibility and generous PTO.This position is for our San Francisco office.