Target Start Date: July 8th, 2019
Reports To: EVP of Corporate Operations & Finance
Location: New York, NY or San Francisco, CA
Carbon Lighthouse is hiring its first Finance leader to build and direct our financial operations. Your immediate responsibility as the Director/VP of Finance will be to build and manage our financial infrastructure, namely our financial operations as well as FP&A. These include building and maintaining financial models for the company, monthly comparison to reality and forecasting for the executive team, treasury management, management of all vendors, annual budgets, etc.
Carbon Lighthouse’s growth rate has averaged 88% for the past 9+ years, and we are now at an even more exciting inflection point: by the end of 2020 our goal is to be eliminating the emissions of 30+ power plants per year. To date our financial activities have been done largely by the founders, and we are now at a scale where a finance organization should take this over. The Director of VP of Finance will build this organization and do this work. The Director vs. VP title will be commensurate with experience.
About Carbon Lighthouse:
Carbon Lighthouse’s mission is to stop climate change, and we accomplish this by making it easy and profitable for building owners to eliminate emissions caused by wasted energy. The company’s unique approach to Efficiency Production goes deep into buildings to uncover and continuously correct hidden inefficiencies that add up to meaningful financial value and carbon elimination that lasts.
We are a team that highly value Life & Safety, Question Asking, Getting It Done, Integrity, and Teamwork. We appreciate a fulfilling work-life balance, prize transparency and communication, hold ourselves to high standards of performance and professionalism, strive for dynamism and innovation, and support our team members’ professional development.
Carbon Lighthouse has doubled revenue and impact every 14 months for the past 9 years, and to date has eliminated the emissions of 8 power plants.
- Build out CL’s finance infrastructure
- Manage all financial operations and FP&A, including:
- Management of our current $65mm project finance fund (Fund III)
- Management of treasury
- Building and updating predictive financial models
- Preparing financials for board meetings and investor reporting
- Monthly finance review and forecasting for executive team
- Managing vendors in bookkeeping, GAAP accounting, and tax accounting
- Manage members of the internal finance team
- Support equity and project finance capital raising
- 6+ years of total finance experience, ideally a mix of in-house corporate and experience in investing or accounting
- Management experience and ability to build and scale successful teams.
- Excitement to work in fast-paced, get-it-done environment
- Attention to detail
- CFA, CPA, or other financial certification or license
- Experience raising capital
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary + equity
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous vacation policy
- Fully paid maternity and paternity leave benefits
- Subsidized public transit and bike to work benefits
Carbon Lighthouse is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status.
If you’re excited about our environmental mission and this looks like a fit, you should apply! Please fill out the brief application form and be prepared to submit three references at a later date.