Target Start Date: July 1, 2019
Reports To: Vice President of People Operations
Location: San Francisco, CA
Carbon Lighthouse is looking for an experienced, self-motivated Talent Acquisition Manager to join our team. Growth is the key driver of our ability to produce meaningful impact in reducing carbon emissions and putting an end to climate change. We have built a rigorous hiring process that has yielded well-qualified team members and a very low turnover rate. Your role will be to build out our recruiting function to help us scale our team and iterate on our hiring process at a higher volume than ever before. You’ll be a direct contributor at first, responsible for partnering with hiring managers to fill technical roles such as Software Engineers, Data Scientists, Product Managers, Project Managers, Modeling Engineers and other Software and Engineering positions. The future growth path for this role will be to own the responsibility of leading our recruiting operations, developing and refining our recruiting strategy, building out our recruiting team, and continuing to fill open positions with exceptionally talented new team members.
About Carbon Lighthouse:
Carbon Lighthouse is on a mission to stop climate change by making it easy and profitable for building owners to eliminate carbon emissions caused by wasted energy. The company’s unique approach to Efficiency Production goes deep into buildings to uncover and continuously correct hidden inefficiencies that add up to meaningful financial value and carbon elimination that lasts. Since 2010, commercial real estate, educational, hospitality and industrial customers nationwide have chosen Carbon Lighthouse to enhance building comfort, increase net operating income and achieve their sustainability goals.
We are a team that highly values life & safety, question asking, getting it done, integrity, and teamwork. We appreciate a fulfilling work-life balance, prize transparency and communication, hold ourselves to high standards of performance and professionalism, strive for dynamism and innovation, and support our team members’ professional development.
- Full-cycle recruiting involving sourcing, coordinating, reviewing, working with hiring managers, and closing candidates
- Deliver diverse candidates to hiring managers according to their needs, as well as the needs of the organization as a whole
- Maintain candidate data and outreach in our application tracking system
- Efficiently source, identify, engage passive candidates through a variety of methods, building a consistent pipeline of top talent for diverse roles
- Continually optimize and improve how we approach recruiting
- Conduct pre-screens and evaluate candidates using structured rubrics checking personal qualifications to required traits
- Report on key metrics and analyze hiring data to drive impact across the team and company
- Ensure a smooth recruiting process and an excellent candidate experience
- Coach and mentor hiring managers, and others involved in candidate evaluation
- Define the strategy for ongoing recruitment efforts, build and lead the internal recruiting team
- 4 years of experience as a full-cycle recruiter, startup experience a plus
- Demonstrated success sourcing and hiring for technical roles
- Experience with high-volume recruiting and sourcing techniques
- Ability to create and implement sourcing strategies that result in hiring top talent
- Proven track record sourcing and building relationships with passive candidates
- Ability to build strong relationships with candidates and hiring managers
- Comprehensive knowledge of recruiting best practices.
- Experience working with Applicant Tracking System
- Comfortable working with and manipulating large data sets in Excel
- Growth mindset with constant curiosity for learning & problem solving
- Experience in high-growth, start-up environments
- Technical knowledge/familiarity with coding languages and technical stacks
- BA/BS in related field
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary + equity
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Generous vacation policy
- Fully paid maternity and paternity leave benefits
- Subsidized public transit and bike to work benefits
Carbon Lighthouse is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
If you’re excited about our environmental mission and this looks like a fit, you should apply! Please fill out the brief application form below and be prepared to submit three references at a later date.