Application Deadline: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
Reports To: Inside Sales Manager
Location: San Francisco, CA
Start Date: April 2019 or June 2019
Carbon Lighthouse is looking for motivated and smart Sales Development Representatives (SDRs) to build our growing sales team. This role is focused on early stage client engagement and outreach, with many opportunities for growth and specialization as the company expands. The wide range of responsibilities include developing client relationships through lead generation and outbound sales, market research, financial modeling, and building scalable tools and infrastructure. You will undergo 4 weeks of intensive, on-the-job training and receive ongoing mentorship. You will take ownership over development of the top of the sales funnel, take on increasing responsibility in all phases of the development cycle over time, and master the skills necessary for a Carbon Lighthouse sales professional. You will be committed to our environmental mission, possess great curiosity, ask challenging questions, and think creatively.
About Carbon Lighthouse:
Carbon Lighthouse is on a mission to stop climate change by making it easy and profitable for building owners to eliminate carbon emissions caused by wasted energy. The company’s unique approach to Efficiency Production goes deep into buildings to uncover and continuously correct hidden inefficiencies that add up to meaningful financial value and carbon elimination that lasts. Since 2010, commercial real estate, educational, hospitality and industrial customers nationwide have chosen Carbon Lighthouse to enhance building comfort, increase net operating income, and achieve their sustainability goals.
We are a team that highly values question asking, getting it done, integrity, and teamwork. We appreciate a fulfilling work-life balance, prize transparency and communication, hold ourselves to high standards of performance and professionalism, strive for dynamism and innovation, and support our team members’ professional development.
- Qualify and generate opportunities with commercial, hospitality, and industrial real estate firms through outbound calls and emails
- Identify and prospect key C-suite and senior executive decision makers through cold calling, outreach campaigns, and events
- Provide support and analysis to the entire sales team including Associates, Sales Operations, Account Managers, EVP of Sales, and CEO
- Work closely with the engineering, marketing, and the sales teams to develop and improve business strategy
- Articulate complex ideas with elegant simplicity and tell a rational, financially compelling, engineering-driven story in an engaging, enjoyable, and differentiated way
- Passion for environment, climate change, and mission-oriented work
- Ability to tell complex, nuanced stories succinctly and with passion
- Desire to work with a team in a fast-paced and dynamic environment; adaptability is key
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Initiative to troubleshoot and improve processes
- Ability to work independently
- Honesty, politeness, and integrity
- Organized, detail-oriented
- Interest in learning and applying concepts of corporate finance, capital markets, real estate, energy, and building technology
- Sales or marketing experience
- Commercial real estate experience
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary + commission + equity
- Health, dental & vision insurance
- Generous vacation policy
- Fully paid maternity and paternity leave benefits
- Subsidized public transit
Carbon Lighthouse is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status.
If you’re excited about our environmental mission and this looks like a fit, you should apply! Please fill out the brief application form, submit a cover letter detailing why you're excited about Carbon Lighthouse, and be prepared to submit three references at a later date.