Target Start Date: Ongoing
Reports To: EVP, Technology
Location: San Francisco, CA
Carbon Lighthouse is looking for an experienced Product Manager to drive the evolution of our software platform to increase our impact in our effort to stop climate change. We have taken the first step of transforming our data analysis and thermodynamics modeling toolset into a robust software platform, called CLUES®, built on the latest web technologies. In order to accelerate our impact on carbon reductions, we are looking to expand our platform and build new products that deliver tangible results for our internal and external stakeholders. As a member of our team you’ll learn all about energy efficiency, solar, real estate markets, construction, and probably get your hands dirty (or at least dusty) on-site visits.
Your role will concentrate on both improving CLUES and adding multiple new products to our software platform. This includes streamlining the flow of data from wireless sensors into CLUES as well as building out our automated analytics, modeling, and monitoring processes. You will also spend time interacting with Carbon Lighthouse mechanical engineers, data scientists, project managers, account managers, and marketing professionals to connect our software and its capabilities to our mission. These interactions require that you genuinely enjoy working on collaborative teams, and want to be involved in addressing large scale challenges that require long-term effort.
As one of Carbon Lighthouse’s first Product Managers, you will have great ownership over the software strategy and outcomes, as well as help build the Product team within Carbon Lighthouse. Within this role there will be many growth opportunities for specialization, management, and leadership as our company expands. The role is based at our headquarters in downtown San Francisco, and will require occasional travel to our satellite offices or client sites across the country.
About Carbon Lighthouse:
Carbon Lighthouse is on a mission to stop climate change by making it easy and profitable for building owners to eliminate carbon emissions caused by wasted energy. The company’s unique approach to Efficiency Production goes deep into buildings to uncover and continuously correct hidden inefficiencies that add up to meaningful financial value and carbon elimination that lasts. Since 2010, commercial real estate, educational, hospitality and industrial customers nationwide have chosen Carbon Lighthouse to enhance building comfort, increase net operating income and achieve their sustainability goals.
We are a team that highly values question asking, getting it done, integrity, and teamwork. We appreciate a fulfilling work-life balance, prize transparency and communication, hold ourselves to high standards of performance and professionalism, strive for dynamism and innovation, and support our team members’ professional development.
- Create a vision, product strategy, and roadmap for your products
- Participate in the Technology team roadmap planning and prioritization
- Define and analyze key metrics to inform decision-making and measure success
- Help establish the structure, responsibilities, and best practices of the Product organization at Carbon Lighthouse, and how to expand the Product team and role in the future
- Partner with software engineers, data scientists, mechanical engineers, sales, and marketing to ideate, prioritize, break down and solve complex problems, and deliver solutions for our users
- Work in a team environment, expressing ideas and being open to those of others, to effectively drive cross-team solutions that have complex dependencies and requirements
- Participate in, study, and improve the current Carbon Lighthouse processes
- Dedication to Carbon Lighthouse's environmental mission
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar technical field, or exceptional demonstrated experience in technology environments
- 5+ years of product management experience
- Proven experience working with a cross functional team of engineers to build products that have constraints imposed by real-world conditions
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve strategic goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment, and to evolve product strategy based on research, data, and user trends.
- Ability to communicate complex business and technical topics on many technical levels with engineers, leadership, and users
- Experience with Agile and scrum methodologies and tools (Jira)
- UX/UI design experience
- Experience creating products for internal teams
- Experience creating products or services in the analytics or data science space
- Software development experience in programming, database design, and project management
- Startup experience
- HVAC systems or controls software/hardware background
- MBA or advanced technical degree
- Demonstrated ability to identify, develop, and manage talent
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary + equity
- Medical, dental, vision and disability insurance
- Generous vacation policy
- Fully paid maternity and paternity leave benefits
- Subsidized public transit and bike to work benefits
Carbon Lighthouse is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status.
If you’re excited about our environmental mission and this looks like a fit, you should apply! Please fill out the brief application form and be prepared to submit three references at a later date.