We at Carbine Coffee are a small founding group backed by some of the leading venture firms in the valley with a mission to bring the latest in hardware automation, IoT, and AI to coffee roasting. We’re disrupting the way that coffee is made and distributed to help build the future of a $70 billion US coffee market. Our founders include one of the first designers at Pinterest, a CEO with a previous acquisition in the hardware startup space, and a COO with ten years at a food technology company that generated $100M+ in revenue. We’re looking for people who want to solve interesting problems and build things that have never been built before at the intersection of software, robotics and hardware.
As the Senior Software Engineer you will join our small and dedicated full-time team of six, which currently consists of two co-founders (CEO, CTO) as well as our COO (spent last 10 years at a food technology company with over 20,000 placed machines and $100M+ in revenue), Head of Hardware Development, and Director of Coffee. We have 3 functional prototypes roasting great coffee on a daily basis and are ready to take the platform to the next level with a “scrappy not crappy” attitude and a belief that we are limited only by the scope of our imagination.
As a Sr. Senior Engineer working on our back-end, you will build the core business logic that holds together the platform’s components and all related IoT devices. You will build and expand APIs and services and define robust distributed architectures to form a coherent backend ecosystem.
Our ideal candidate will have intellectual curiosity and engineering rigor, moving fluidly between the needs of rapid prototyping and long-term development for production. You have designed, built and maintained APIs, services and distributed systems. You have debugged complex issues across multiple services and multiple levels of the stack. You have also worked with designers, engineers and product teams across the company to build new features at scale.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Demonstrated ability to inspire and lead by technical example
- BS in Computer Sciences, or equivalent work experience
- 5-8 years of general software development and backend development
- Experience in clean data modeling, abstractions and API design
- Experienced with ReactJS, NodeJS, Golang [Go], and Python
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels and organizations
- A passion for creating a robust and reliable product
What we can offer:
- We are passionate about what we do and hope you are too!
- More (hopefully good) coffee then anyone needs. Be popular amongst friends :)
- Trust in making the right choices around the tools needed to do the job
- Health benefits and meaningful stock options
- On-staff dogs
- Located in newly renovated offices in San Francisco/Mission District