We at Carbine Coffee are a small founding group backed by some of the leading venture firms in the valley with a mission to bring the latest in hardware automation, IoT, and AI to coffee roasting. We’re disrupting the way that coffee is made and distributed to help build the future of a $70 billion US coffee market. Our founders include one of the first designers at Pinterest, a CEO with a previous acquisition in the hardware startup space, and a COO with ten years at a food technology company that generated $100M+ in revenue. We’re looking for people who want to solve interesting problems and build things that have never been built before at the intersection of software, robotics and hardware.
As the Program Manager, you’ll join our small and dedicated full-time team of six, which currently consists of two co-founders (CEO, CTO) as well as our COO, Head of Hardware Development, and Director of Coffee. We already have 3 functional prototypes roasting great coffee on a daily basis and are ready to take the platform to the next level with a “scrappy not crappy” attitude and a belief that we are limited only by the scope of our imagination. We’re looking for someone who has industry experience leading and owning projects across software, hardware and mechanical engineering teams that have resulted in successful launches and timely shipments of products.
If you love reporting directly to the CEO, having a lot of ownership, taste-testing coffee on a daily basis, joining at a high equity-upside, and working from a bright and sunny office in the Mission District of San Francisco, we’d love to speak with you.
What you’ll do:
- Own all of program/project management at Carbine Coffee reporting directly to the CEO and working closely with the CTO and Head of Hardware along with their cross-functional teams to deliver projects on schedule
- Lead and develop project kickoffs, communications and scope definition
- Drive, implement and define project requirements, workflows and plans including managing timelines, budgets, communications, quality, risks, uncovering roadblocks, defining critical paths, resource constraints, and any other issues that arise
- Identify and document all project milestones and deliverables and keep project plans up to date
- Create formal project communication plans and key project metrics and dashboards for project status communication
- Manage cross-functional teams and multiple projects with competing priorities simultaneously
- Escalate schedule delays due to issues and risks
- Conduct project evaluations, post-mortems, and incorporate learning to improve processes
- Bachelor’s degree required MBA or Masters in Project Management preferred or equivalent experience
- 3 to 5 years of program/project management experience in successful management of programs and/or projects in a large operating environment
- Demonstrated, applied experience establishing and delivering complex programs and projects
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools
- Experience working in the Hardware / IoT space across different teams and disciplines (hardware, software, electrical engineering and firmware)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Detail-oriented, resourceful and able to manage shifting priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to positively and effectively interact with internal and external customers