As a Senior Consultant you are an experienced ETRM Consultant, you will use your technological expertise and knowledge of the issues and trends relevant to the energy trading industry to realise innovative technology solutions for clients. You will provide functional and technical guidance to multidisciplinary teams driving systems design, architecture, user interface, integration and development processes.
- Responsible for structuring and executing project approaches that deliver on client objectives.
- Assist with project estimation and planning during proposal and implementation phases.
- Translate the client’s business requirements into system design.
- Verify technical feasibility and validate solution options for the requirements.
- Manage performance issues / risks with ETRM product implementation.
- Drive improvements of techno-functional solutions and workflows.
- Engage in the pursuit of new business including drafting documents proposals and client presentations.
- Expand your industry knowledge, contribute to the development of consulting capabilities and effectively articulate our key business propositions to clients.
- Willingness to travel up to 80%.
- Minimum degree qualified and/or Master qualifications within Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science or other Technical discipline.
- 5+ years experience working within Systems Implementations and/or Project Management, ideally within the Commodity/Energy trading sector E/CTRM.
- Hands-on knowledge around features, configuration, implementation and best practices for ETRM.
- Deep knowledge of Information Systems/Business Consulting Methodologies.
- Experience working with end users/clients.
- Experience with database technologies including Oracle, Sybase and/or SQL Server.
- Experience of object oriented software development and technologies such as C#, .NET
- Creative, enthusiastic, and able to thrive in a team environment.
- Strong problem identification skills and creativity to develop new, innovative solutions.
· Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage priorities and work to deadlines.
- Delivery experience of leading C/ETRM software.
- Broad technical experience of object oriented software development and technologies such as C#, .NET, WCF, Java, C/C++, relational databases (ie. Oracle, MS SQL Server, IBM DB2), Middleware Platforms (ie. J2EE or .NET), Enterprise Solution Packages (ie. EAI, CMS, portals) and development methods such as Agile, RUP, UML.
- Broad understanding of database and middleware technologies.
- Knowledge of trading processes (front/middle/back office order entry, clearing & settlement, types of instruments, etc.)
- Industry experience in financial, energy and/or commodities trading and risk management technologies, operations, and processes, as well as, delivering full lifecycle systems development/implementation in energy or financial systems environment.
- End to End project delivery experience in the E/CTRM industry.
· A passion for solving complex problems where global commodities businesses and technology intersect.