CTRM Technical Analyst
As a Technical Analyst you will be tasked with providing day to day support and development of clients’ energy trading systems covering a broad range of commodities including power, gas, refined products, coal and freight. The role will work closely with all business functions from front to back office as part of a project team in the implementation, upgrade or support of energy and commodity trading software.
- Translate the client’s business requirements into system design.
- Verify technical feasibility and validate solution options for the requirements.
- Drive improvements of technical solutions.
- Expand your industry knowledge, contribute to the development of capSpire’s consulting capabilities and effectively articulate our key business propositions to clients.
- Willingness to travel up to 80%.
- Minimum degree and/or Master qualifications within Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science or other Technical discipline, achieving a 2.1 or higher.
- Creative, enthusiastic, and able to thrive in a team environment.
- Strong problem identification skills and creativity to develop new, innovative solutions.
· Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage priorities and work to deadlines.
- Competent in at least 1 object oriented software language such as C#, Java or C++
- Competent in at least 1 relational database (e.g. Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL)
- Awareness of development methodologies such as Agile/SCRUM or Standard Waterfall
- Experience of leading C/ETRM software (Allegro, RightAngle, Openlink).
- Knowledge of trading processes (front/middle/back office order entry, clearing & settlement, types of instruments, etc.).