capSpire is a systems integration and technology solutions firm that serves some of the world’s largest energy companies from offices in North America and Europe.
We provide our clients with business and system expertise to simplify and streamline their commodity management functions for crude oil, natural gas, power, coal, iron ore, agriculture and freight. capSpire takes pride in its’ ability to create pragmatic relationships with our clients which enable us to produce elegant solutions that are tailored to meet their specific business needs.
We are looking for thoughtful, creative and highly skilled analysts who enjoy thinking through deep and difficult technical problems and collaborating with an impressive team of peers. We particularly value clear logical thinking, good communication skills, a focus on quality and the ability to work well within a team. We work with our clients to implement energy and commodity trading software systems and are interested in talking with smart, motivated people who can learn no matter what your current technology skill set happens to be.
Graduate CTRM Technical Analyst
As a Graduate CTRM Technical Analyst you will be providing day to day support and development of clients’ energy trading systems covering a broad range of commodities including power, gas, refined products, coal and freight. The role will work closely with all business functions from front to back office as part of a project team in the implementation, upgrade or support of energy and commodity trading software.
- Ability to work in the Cork area with travel within Europe.
- Learn and master our CTRM products for technical consulting.
- Partner with capSpire on-site consultants and client business teams to understand business objectives and integration requirements.
- Translate the client’s business requirements into system design.
- Verify technical feasibility and validate solution options for the requirements.
- Drive improvements of technical solutions.
- Expand your industry knowledge, contribute to the development of capSpire’s consulting capabilities and effectively articulate our key business propositions to clients.
- The position requires a unique blend of technical aptitude, business savvy and communication skills.
- BSc and/or Master qualifications within Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science or other Technical discipline, achieving a 2.1 or higher.
- Exposure to an Object Orientated programming, preferably C# .
- Experience with relational databases: data modeling and SQL.
- Strong problem identification skills and creativity to develop new, innovative solutions.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Interest and willingness to explore a consulting career.
- Willingness to travel up to 80%.
Other Preferred Skills
- Experience with Web UI (design and development) and XML technologies.
- Software development lifecycle exposure – Agile and/or Traditional.
- Knowledge of Atlassian products (Jira/Confluence).
- ITIL Framework experience.
If this sounds interesting and different to you, please come and talk with us.