CapSpire, Inc. is hiring a Managing Consultant - Risk Management (IT Project Manager) at its facility located in Houston, Texas.
Employee will perform the following job duties:
Under limited supervision of a Principal Consultant, manage projects and lead teams, with respect to evaluating, designing and implementing overall risk tracking and reporting mechanisms based on trading organization risk management guidelines. Translate requirements from a business perspective and serve as a liaison to software development teams implementing software solutions to effect risk analysis. Coordinate team members to define best practice based approaches to price integration with market data providers, and define the methodologies for curve construction, end of day profit & loss and risk metric reporting. Supervise projects regarding modeling derivative instruments, daily mark-to-market, position decomposition, flat price and basis exposure reporting to enable the client execute their hedging strategies. Evaluate and explain the client environment to other capSpire employees joining the team. Understand the strengths and weaknesses of your fellow capSpire team members and assign appropriate tasks, accordingly. Ensure quality, consistent, and timely deliverables for yourself and your team. Directly manage the work of team members assigned to risk management projects and enable their success. Meet schedule deliverable dates by doing whatever takes to get the work done while meeting quality standards. Actively monitor and ensure others on the team do not miss their deadlines. Identify potential issues on the project across the entire team, communicate concerns to the appropriate people, and then work with your team to resolve issues. Be a visible leader on projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Tech, Electrical Eng. or Other Related field;
- 5+ years of post-Bachelor’s experience in the fields of Computer Science, Information Tech, Electrical Eng. or Other Related field;
- Three (3) years commodity experience with physical crude oil, power, coal and dry bulk freight;
- Three (3) years experience with commodity trading and risk management systems, including Solarc and RightAngle;
- Experience or education in Test Strategy and planning;
- Experience or education in System Integration Testing;
- Experience or education in Software Defect reporting and change management.