Senior Business Intelligence Consultant
As a Senior Business Intelligence Consultant for capSpire, you will work as a member of a project team to develop and deliver innovative analytics solutions to our customers. Your primary area of responsibility will be to solve complex business problems using analytics technologies. You will be responsible for consulting with clients on business needs, translating business needs into analytics/reporting requirements, and interfacing with companies and clients to ensure successful delivery of reporting. You will also be expected to manage your own time and communicate project status and issues to your project manager.
An Exciting Role
- Be part of a growing company with an established client base.
- Work within a team that thrives on discussion and collaboration around ideas. (Sometimes we go with your ideas and sometimes we go with others’ ideas, but everyone gets an opinion and talks through the best options.)
- Spend your days with people who are passionate bringing analytics to the energy industry, our business, and growing something cool.
- Join a team that is highly valued throughout the company and whose members get to see and benefit from the outcome of their work.
- Work with cutting-edge analytics technologies.
- Participate in exciting and high-visibility development projects.
- Set and enforce data-warehousing and business-intelligence standards and architecture for enterprise data warehouses, data marts, and analytical applications systems.
- Develop and design applications for data integration and manipulation, including cloud and big-data solutions.
- Follow agile methodologies during solutions implementations.
- Collaborate with business and technology departments to define deliverables and develop solutions.
- Identify needs and opportunities for improved data management and delivery.
- Oversee the ongoing development and operation of business-intelligence architectures that enable fact-based decision-making, and ad-hoc analysis and insight generation.
- Experience developing data-warehouse and business-intelligence solutions
- Extensive experience with SQL and data modeling
- Strong experience with reporting and dashboarding
- Experience with ETL and data manipulation
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems, or a comparable major
- Knowledge of Tableau, Power BI, Python, and/or .NET applications
- Understanding of the energy industry
- Experience in statistical analysis
Benefits You Won’t Get Anywhere Else
- Relaxed dress code (Wear comfortable clothes to work and save on the dry cleaning bill!)
- Open vacation policy
- 100% paid insurance premiums for employees and families
- Reimbursement for cell phone data plan (Enjoy the choice of using a separate, paid-for phone for work or let us reimburse you for a personal phone that you use at work)
- Your choice of a Mac or Dell, loaded with the latest software and technologies, for your capSpire-issued laptop
capSpire is a global consulting and solutions company that creates, customizes, and implements meaningful technology for commodity-focused organizations. With expertise in commodities trading, risk management, and complex enterprise content management, capSpire creates valuable business process and technical solutions for Fortune 500 companies. For more information about capSpire’s data-analytics practice, please click here