Your primary focus will be supporting and developing for one of our largest clients, a global business services company. There will be a lot of data manipulation and UI/UX design and development. If you’re passionate about form AND function working together and enjoy taking ownership of your projects - this is the position for you.
Primary Technology Used in This Role:
- Windows computers (Or Linux if you’re capable of switching to it)
- React.js (JSX, HTML, SASS)
- Python with Django
- Git / Bitbucket
- Design/Develop beautiful and clean user experiences / interfaces.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Successfully complete programming tasks as assigned using various front end technologies
- Use APIs to consume data and then manipulate it for our needs
- Analyze, review, debug and revise applications to increase efficiency or adapt to new procedures or codes.
- Estimate timelines for projects and releases
- Document everything! Provide instructions for use as needed. Write release notes.
- Analyze requirements (or gather requirements from the appropriate stakeholders) for proposed web applications / features and develop solutions to meet them.
- Consult with staff members to schedule work and coordinate programming projects.
- Work under general supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgement
These may come up occasionally,
- Provide technical assistance to colleagues as needed
- May train others / help onboard new employees
- May develop and implement specialized applications to supplement and enhance systems software.
- Perform related work as assigned (this may be supporting clients, working in Wordpress or Pardot, or similar environments)
- Present a portfolio showcasing your best work (think Github, or send links / examples)
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles, practices and techniques of web development
- Proven problem solving / critical thinking skills
- Practical work experience with object oriented / data driven development and ORM concepts
- Good eye for design and the ability to create clean user interfaces
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Ability to debug complex web applications and legacy code bases using current tools
- Understanding of cross-platform, cross-browser strategies and graceful degradation
- Sound working experience/knowledge of React.js (preferred) or similar frameworks such as Angular, Node.js or Vue.js
- Proven ability to consume APIs and manipulate data
- Understanding of CSS preprocessors like SASS/LESS
- Experience with package managers such as npm
- Experience with version control technologies such as Git
- Experience with ticketing systems such as Jira
- Clean coding habits (organized and well documented)
Nice to Haves:
- Python and Django, PHP or similar back-end development experience
- Wordpress, Salesforce, Pardot, Marketing Cloud, etc. (these tasks don’t come up often, but it’s helpful if you are able to jump in and work on templates for clients)
- Agile/Scrum development experience