Canpango is a Managed Salesforce Partner specializing in Sales & Service, Communities, CPQ, Field Service, and Platform (Lightning + Heroku), and Pardot implementation services, custom development and business process consulting to deliver end-to-end transformation for companies looking to solve problems creatively. At Canpango, we come from a wide range of creative, technical, and consulting backgrounds across North America. This diversity results in a unique blend of business process expertise and unconventional vision that makes us the clear choice as a strategic partner who will ensure long-term success.
We have industry expertise across Manufacturing & Automotive, High Technology, Professional Services and Hospitality.
As a Sales Engineer, you will work primarily to support the Sales cycle alongside the Account Executive team and will participate in sales planning and business development activities. You will be responsible for the pre-sales solution construction including the engagement approach, resource planning and technical components presented to the client. Sales Engineers are expected to provide exemplary pre-sales functional and technical expertise through technical and product presentations, demonstrations, pilot implementations, and on-going sales consultation. You will be responsible for leveraging internal expertise, as required, to ensure the solution and approach (including associated assets, resources, estimates and timelines) align to Delivery’s best practices. You may be asked to architect, prototype, and demonstrate moderately complex solutions specifically tailored for prospective clients.
- BA/BS degree or foreign equivalent
- Must be confident, resourceful, flexible and exhibit initiative
- Team player with ability to work and communicate effectively with cross-functional teams (sales, delivery, marketing, etc.)
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, and closing techniques.
- Demonstrated experience translating concepts and ideas into solutions that yield successful results.
- Strong customer facing and relationship building skills
- Ability to see and present 'the big picture', architect solutions to solve customer problems, and uncover business challenges and develop custom solutions to solve them
- Must have a deep understanding of Salesforce.com applications, platform, product suite and common technical aspects including security, protocols for APIs, SLAs, email/communication specifications, etc as well as the ability to clearly communicate how these can be used to solve customer business objectives
- 5+ years of experience managing/delivering multi-cloud Salesforce initiatives including configurations, architecture, integration, release management and deployment strategies applying Agile, Scrum or Hybrid implementation methodologies
- Possess the ability to articulate the synergies that occur when leveraging multiple Salesforce clouds in a solution
- Must understand Salesforce integration options including when to position 3rd party integration platforms
- Hands on experience with all manner of Salesforce configuration including but not limited to page layouts, roles, profiles, custom objects, workflow rules, process builder, flows, sharing rules, etc.
- Salesforce Certified Administrator required; Salesforce Advanced Administrator, Application Architect, System Architect or Platform App Builder certifications preferred
- Proficiency in environment maintenance tasks such as managing admin access, managing sandboxes, handling confidential data, Single Sign On, Certificate & Key Management, License Management, etc.
- Experience with custom application development including project delivery leadership (technical lead, business lead or project management)
- Familiarity and hands on experience with Apex, Visualforce, SOQL, iPaaS tool kits such as Boomi, Informatica, Heroku and/or Mulesoft.
- Drive requirement gathering sessions with cross-functional teams to understand business processes, requirements and key performance indicators.
- Understand KPI or impact of engagement outcome on the client's business
- Define proposed client engagements via roadmap construction or project scope and estimate
- Effectively position non-technology portions of an engagement example: change management, experience design, managed services, business process re-engineering, training, etc.
- Interact with both technical and functional customers to understand requirements, analyze information, and design comprehensive solutions and be able to tailor communication to both technical and non-technical audiences, including demos as appropriate.
- Serve as functional and/or technical subject matter expert (SME) for the Salesforce product suite, supporting internal and external stakeholders.
- Show a strong understanding of typical business challenges faced by customers and common objectives.
- Address a wide range of detailed technical topics with prospects leveraging resident experts as needed
- Assist in writing proposals, statements of work and responses to RFP's / RFI's
- Ability to tailor implementation approach to fit client need as appropriate for a successful outcome.
- Ability to articulate value proposition and delivery approach
- Able to respond to functional and technical RFI/RFP requirements and mapping said requirements to the software solution
- Perform necessary research around third-party technologies, tools and applications being proposed as part of a solution
- Translate business requirements into well architected solutions that best leverage Salesforce platform and provide a high level of scalability and resilience.
- Create and own pre-sales solution design and scoping strategy including estimation, resource planning and timelines.
- Partner with the Account Executive to take joint ownership of assigned accounts/opportunities
- Provide informal mentoring to customers and other employees
- Participate in Account Management as needed
- Facilitate clear and effective knowledge transfer of customer requirements to Delivery Team during Sales to Delivery transition
- Achieve and maintain assigned technical certifications and credentials
- Generate positive feedback from internal teams and leadership
- Show continued professional growth and development
- Keep abreast of new Salesforce features and functionality
- Develop/maintain technical and business knowledge of industry directions and trends
- Work in conjunction with Sales, Marketing, and Product Managers, to be the technical bridge between our Sales Representatives and their prospects
- Build working knowledge of competing products and how to technically sell against them
- Regularly participate in industry functions, seminars, and round tables to stay current with industry.