Candid Co. is based out of New York City in the heart of Union Square. At Candid Co., our customers come to us to get affordable orthodontist-directed clear aligner treatment to help them align their teeth. Candid’s aligner treatment is done at a 65% lower cost than its competitors and all from the comfort of our customer’s home. We’ve been called the “Warby Parker for orthodontic care” as our business echoes their ideas: cutting out costly fees and unnecessary doctor visits and providing customers with a product and treatment that’s just as good as the incumbents. This is a revolutionary company with a massive market opportunity for a team that is highly capable at executing. That’s where you come in!
The Role - Head of HR
We’re looking for a transformational leader to champion our world-class team and our company’s mission-driven startup culture. The Head of HR will oversee our People programs from end to end, from recruiting to our team member experience. The ideal candidate brings not just passion to the table, but also a desire to bring in the structure, processes, and systems that will help Candid’s team grow in size many times over. This key leader will work hand in hand with the management team to move the needle on all HR KPIs.
- Connect with team members at all levels and locations, including at our retail stores, to take the temperature of the team and ensure that we provide a best-in-class working environment.
- Stand up critical procedures and systems including our performance review process, employee handbooks, various trainings, and procedures for onboarding new hires.
- Identify, select, and implement the software tools we need to scale the people side of Candid.
- Build out our benefits program to offer our team members even more, and at lower cost.
- Nurture a deep talent pipeline to continue to develop a diverse workforce across all functions and at all levels.
- Steer our Culture Committee and take our team member experience program to the next level by planning events in and out of the office.
- Engage closely with senior leadership and each of our passionate and thoughtful teams to continue to define and amplify our unique culture and values.
- Serve as an adviser and mentor to our leadership team as we need to make hard decisions
What You’ll Need:
- With 8+ years of HR experience you know what best practices look like across various teams.
- Track record of moving the needle significantly and sustainably on key business metrics.
- Proven ability to create structure in an unstructured, hyper-growth environment.
- A process-driven mindset compliments your empathy for and enthusiasm for working with others.
- A desire to not just lead HR but engage in the front lines of our business. You relish working tightly with business leaders to help them develop their teams and work through tough decisions.
Who You Are:
- Working closely with others is key to your career success to date. Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills enable you to work with others across functions, experience levels, and locations.
- Impeccably organized and process oriented.
- Energized by hyper growth and can create structure out of chaos. Independent problem solver.
- As a creative and innovative thinker, you aren’t constrained by what’s been done before.
- Able to travel to retail locations nationwide at least one week per month.
- You like to push your limits and have a strong desire to grow professionally.
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Equity in the business
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Corporate discount on aligners and whitening
- Learn and grow as part of one of the fastest-growing startups in America!