Candid Co. is based out of New York City in the heart of Union Square. At Candid Co., our customers come to us to get affordable orthodontist-directed clear aligner treatment to help them align their teeth. Candid’s aligner treatment is done at a 65% lower cost than its competitors and all from the comfort of our customer’s home. We’ve been called the “Warby Parker for orthodontic care” as our business echoes their ideas: cutting out costly fees and unnecessary doctor visits and providing customers with a product and treatment that’s just as good as the incumbents. This is a revolutionary company with a massive market opportunity for a team that is highly capable at executing. That’s where you come in!
ROLE - LEAD BRAND COPYWRITER
is looking for our first brand copywriter. You’re a wordsmith who loves crafting sentences and finding ways to use words to express ideas succinctly. You respect the complexities of using words to sound conversational, engaging and fun, and you relish the opportunity to find and mature a unique brand voice to accomplish the same. You understand that great writing transcends a brand from good, to unforgettable. You're an advocate for creating an unforgettable consumer healthcare brand.
You will work closely with our marketing, brand, design, and product teams and will report directly to our Chief Design Officer, Bobby Ghoshal.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- You’ll be the lead writer and editor, helping our company establish its brand voice and tone while interfacing with customer communications for a variety of channels including email, product, our blog, retail, customer manuals, ads, and the website.
- Use data, research, and other insights to create a content experience that’s cohesive, easy to understand, and memorable.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing on concepts for campaigns.
- Collaborate with our design team to elevate the brand through written content with great visuals.
- Write and edit longer-form content as needed by the business
- Use research insights to make our customer experiences easier by editing our product manuals and instructions.
- Own micro-copy across all physical and digital touch points.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 5+ years of professional copywriting and editing experience, preferably for a brand or agency.
- Ability to translate complex tech and business concepts into clear, conversational, and engaging writing with a strong, consistent voice.
- Experience working in a variety of marketing channels, including email and social media
- Served as a lead writer/editor on a team, helping more junior writers craft their work.
- Excellent judgment and can make insightful decisions about content based on data and research.
- Able to collaborate easily with cross-functional teams.
- Highly organized and focused, but also flexible and open to change.
- Equity in the business
- Medical and dental insurance
- Commuter benefits
- You will grow a lot here. You’ll be surrounded by employees with deep experience in their field, who have a strong passion for doing great work and constantly learning.
- Easy access to work, across the street from 4, 5, 6, L, N, Q, R, W trains
- Access to a washer, dryer, shower, and a full kitchen at work
- A collaborative, high energy work environment