Candid™ is based out of New York City in the heart of Union Square. At Candid™, our customers come to us to get affordable orthodontist-directed clear aligner treatment to help them align their teeth. Candid’s aligner treatment is done at a 65% lower cost than its competitors and all from the comfort of our customer’s home. We’ve been called the “Warby Parker for orthodontic care” as our business echoes their ideas: cutting out costly fees and unnecessary doctor visits and providing customers with a product and treatment that’s just as good as the incumbents. This is a revolutionary company with a massive market opportunity for a team that is highly capable at executing. That’s where you come in!
At Candid™ we’re building a best-in-class consumer healthcare brand to provide increased access to affordable healthcare. We’re looking for an adaptable and detail-oriented individual to join the founding team of our newly opened Austin lab!
Working under the guidance of our Austin-based Operations Manager and Chief Dental Officer, you’ll help launch the next step in our vision by pioneering best practices for receiving, preparing and distributing the physical dental impressions we receive weekly from thousands of customers all over the country.
In this cross-functional position you’ll track and manage daily inbound and outbound impression kits, as well as build and distribute completed aligner kits for customers. You will also learn how to use state-of-the-art software and scanning systems to prepare impressions for treatment planning. From receipt to distribution of the final product, you’ll play a hands-on role in the process that creates and delivers a unique smile to each customer.
What You'll Do
● Receive, catalogue, and prepare incoming PVS impressions for digitization
● Operate and maintain state-of-the-art orthodontic lab equipment
● Work closely with the manufacturer to validate, deliver, and track PVS impressions tagged for production
● Receive completed aligners from production facility daily, build respective aligner kits, and ship the final product to customers
● Ensure the highest quality standards are met or exceeded at all times
● As a fulfillment associate on our newly formed team, you’ll work directly with our local Operations Manager and Chief Dental Officer to identify process improvements aimed at increasing efficacy and efficiency
What You'll Need
● A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in logistics, fulfillment, or operational setting; hands-on technical experience in a dental lab or related orthodontic or dental practice is preferred.
● Ability to track, manage, and edit large sets of data to maintain visibility on all current inventory
● Experience in managing physical inventory
● Hands-on attitude and interest in learning dental anatomy
● Deep passion for leveraging innovation and technology to deliver outstanding patient outcomes
● Highly organized, process-oriented, and willing to speak up when something isn’t working according to plan
● Exceptional attention to detail
● An engineering mindset—a problem solver who drives towards continuous improvement
● Crisp oral and written communicator—you’ll be partnering with teams across the country!
● Comfort using Microsoft Office and Google’s G-Suite/Gmail
● Demonstrated problem-solving skills
● Reliable means of transportation to locally deliver and pick-up kits at various stages of fulfillment
● Excitement to be a foundational part of a rapidly growing startup team!
● This isn’t your typical dental office! Be part of a collaborative, high-energy, fast-paced startup work environment
● Medical and dental (duh!) insurance
● Commuter benefits
● Team events with the Austin team and visitors from our NYC HQ!
● You will grow a lot here. You’ll be surrounded by employees with deep experience in their fields, who have a strong passion for doing great work while constantly learning