Candid™ provides direct-to-consumer clear aligners for 65% less than the cost of braces, without ever needing to step foot in an orthodontist’s office. We believe that high quality dental care should be affordable and accessible, and we're using modern telehealth practices to diagnose, treat, and monitor orthodontic cases. Our team is a group of startup veterans with experience across healthcare, hospitality, tech, and finance at companies such as Lyft, BCG, WeWork, Blackstone, and Clover Health. This is a revolutionary company with a massive market opportunity combined with a world-class team.
We’re building a best-in-class consumer healthcare brand to provide increased access to affordable healthcare. We’re looking for a bright, high-energy dental assistant to join the founding team of our newly opened Austin lab!
Working under the guidance of our Austin-based Chief Dental Officer, you’ll help launch the next step in our vision by pioneering best practices for digitizing and evaluating the physical dental impressions we receive weekly from thousands of customers all over the country.
You’ll use state-of-the-art software and scanning systems to convert physical polyvinyl siloxane (PVS) impressions into digital STL files. Once you’ve ensured that the STL files meet our quality standard, we then send these digital files to our treatment-staging team to transform them into customized treatment plans to get our customers smiling.
What You'll Do
● Prepare, scan, and evaluate incoming PVS impressions
● Operate and maintain state-of-the-art orthodontic lab equipment
● Prepare and evaluate customer photos for orthodontist review
● Assess PVS impression scans to determine anatomical accuracy and quality; process STL files and import them into CAD software to begin treatment planning
● Assist the Chief Dental Officer in developing treatment plans in CAD software
● Collaborate routinely with our New York City-based support team to communicate results of PVS scans to patients
● Ensure the highest quality standards are met or exceeded at all times
● As the first certified dental assistant on our team, you’ll work directly with our Chief Dental Officer to identify process improvements aimed at increasing efficacy and efficiency
What You'll Need
● Knowledge of dental anatomy
● Deep passion for leveraging innovation and technology to deliver outstanding patient outcomes
● Highly organized, process-oriented, and willing to speak up when something isn’t working according to plan
● Exceptional attention to detail
● An engineering mindset—a problem solver who drives towards continuous improvement
● Crisp oral and written communicator—you’ll be partnering with teams across the country!
● Comfort using Microsoft Office and Google’s G-Suite/Gmail
● Demonstrated problem-solving skills
● Extensive product knowledge of clear aligners and orthodontic therapy
● Excitement to be a foundational part of a rapidly growing startup team!
What Would Make Us Very Excited to See
● Experience evaluating PVS dental impressions in an orthodontic practice
● Experience with with digital workflow systems, especially CAD tools in the orthodontic and dental spaces, such as 3Shape or exoCAD
● Experience using desktop lab scanners to convert orthodontic PVS impression models into digital file
● A minimum of 2 years of hands on dental assistant experience in a dental practice
Pay and Perks
● This isn’t your typical dental office! Be part of a collaborative, high-energy, fast-paced startup work environment
● Medical and dental (duh!) insurance
● Commuter benefits
● Team events with the Austin team and visitors from our NYC HQ!
● You will grow a lot here. You’ll be surrounded by employees with deep experience in their fields, who have a strong passion for doing great work while constantly learning