Candid Co. is based out of New York City in the heart of Union Square. At Candid Co., our customers come to us to get affordable orthodontist-directed clear aligner treatment to help them align their teeth. Candid’s aligner treatment is done at a 65% lower cost than its competitors and all from the comfort of our customer’s home. We’ve been called the “Warby Parker for orthodontic care” as our business echoes their ideas: cutting out costly fees and unnecessary doctor visits and providing customers with a product and treatment that’s just as good as the incumbents. This is a revolutionary company with a massive market opportunity for a team that is highly capable at executing. That’s where you come in!
We are looking for a Back End
Engineer to join the Candid Co.
team to work across front end, back end, infrastructure, architecture, and data. You will be responsible for owning much of the development of our core applications and integration of third-party tools for our marketing, operations, and product teams.
We’re building a best-in-class consumer/healthcare brand and are looking for a developer who has an interest in customer experience in addition to the ability to execute on those ideas.
You will partner with our product team, design team and marketing team and will be responsible for developing sound technical solutions that will allow us to scale the business as we grow. You will report directly to our VP Engineering.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- You’ll show a high degree of fluency in our stack:
- Python (django framework) for the back end
- AWS for infrastructure ie EC2 and AWS
- React.js for the front end
- Postgres for the database
- Additional third party tools such as Stripe, Cloudflare and others to simplify services such as payments, CDNs, etc
- Wide use of open source tools
- Github-based rapid deployment environment
- Architect the libraries and frameworks that power Candid Co. across the stack
- Work across design and engineering to polish the product experience
- Take full ownership of projects from design to implementation and deployment
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 3 years minimum experience as a Back End Engineer
- Experience working on AWS
- Experience working with growth and product teams to meet business needs
- Proven engineering skills and strong CS fundamentals
- Demonstrated instincts around building delightful user experiences, and can balance iteration speed with quality
- Strong business instincts and fundamentals
- Equity in the business
- Medical and dental insurance
- Commuter benefits
- You will grow a lot here. You’ll be surrounded by employees with deep experience in their field, who have a strong passion for doing great work and constantly learning.
- Easy access to work, across the street from 4, 5, 6, L, N, Q, R, W trains
- Access to a washer, dryer, shower and a full kitchen at work
- A collaborative, high energy work environment