Candid™ provides direct-to-consumer clear aligners for 65% less than the cost of braces, without ever needing to step foot in an orthodontist’s office. We believe that high quality dental care should be affordable and accessible, and we're using modern telehealth practices to diagnose, treat, and monitor orthodontic cases. Our team is a group of startup veterans with experience across healthcare, hospitality, tech, and finance at companies such as Lyft, BCG, WeWork, Blackstone, and Clover Health. This is a revolutionary company with a massive market opportunity combined with a world-class team.
We’re looking for an experienced marketing and communications designer to help us frame Candid™
story and how we visually communicate it to the world. You ideally have impeccable taste and are highly trained in typography, graphic design, photography and videography, content layout and design and even have a penchant for great copywriting. Your entire body of work will be framed in the context of what consumers see across every channel, including, emails, digital and physical ads, social media, high converting landing pages on the Candid website, brochures, and other artifacts important to our marketing efforts. You’ll own your projects and collaborate closely with our marketing and brand design teams. You will report directly to our Chief Design Officer, Bobby Ghoshal but will be embedded in our Marketing team, led by our Head of Growth/Marketing, Sam Levine.
What You'll Do
- Creativity is the heart of your team, it is the x-factor. Your primary goal will be to own your team’s creative process, to infuse your team with strong creative ideas and execution, to get the people around you to be additive to the creative process and solicit team-wide feedback to yield world-class creative.
- You’ll manage all aspects of multi-channel communication design including social media, emails, digital ads, billboards and retail-space artifacts.
- You’ll manage and conduct photo and video shoots for various ads and campaigns.
- You’ll design a distinct visual language for Candid’s marketing artifacts and manage all visual design including photo and video editing to match it to Candid’s brand.
- You’ll create, maintain, and make accessible to the marketing team a clear, up-to-date and well-designed library of marketing assets that can be repurposed at any time. The library will include source files for ads, edited photos, videos, voice-overs, illustrations etc.
- You’ll be responsible for all digital and print artifacts that will be used to assist in marketing and sales efforts such as, t-shirts, stickers, mugs, brochures, business cards and decks/presentations.
- You’ll help us manage vendor relationships and may eventually have a few people reporting into you. Your ability to manage people, expectations, and deadlines, as well as your ability to communicate, are important to this role.
- Demonstrable experience collaborating with product managers,, marketing and sales is important to this role.
- We will need you to create and own design systems that allow the marketing team to scale and ship creative quickly, reliably and without compromising the brand’s look and feel.
- Designers at Candid don’t focus solely on pushing pixels, we care about pushing the business forward. You’ll be expected to work within business needs and constraints in addition to looking for opportunities to elevate the business’s ability to stay differentiated in the marketplace.
- Part of your role will entail working with our research team and spending time with customers and prospective customers; you’ll make a concerted effort to talk to them to understand their needs, their objections and how they see our product fitting into their lives.
What You'll Need
- A portfolio of work that clearly articulates your taste and thought process, not just final design work.
- Strong sensibilities in typography, graphic design, and content design.
- 5+ years of real work experience for another company(ies).
- Ability to be objective about your work and knowing that sometimes (most times) just because something looks good, it doesn’t mean it is good. You’ll also need to be comfortable opening yourself up to feedback from your colleagues.
- A high degree of comfort with iterative design practices to ship optimal versions of your creative over time.
- Understand that we are a startup and that startups aren’t for everyone.You’ll need to be excited about working with incomplete information, sometimes working longer than usual hours, being available for urgent business needs, jumping into aspects of the business you don’t entirely understand, be results driven, and show initiative above and beyond the call of duty. Above all, you’ll be an ambassador for design on behalf of the company.
- Equity in the business
- Medical and dental insurance
- Commuter benefits
- You will grow a lot here. You’ll be surrounded by employees with deep experience in their field, who have a strong passion for doing great work and constantly learning.
- Easy access to work, across the street from 4, 5, 6, L, N, Q, R, W trains
- Access to a washer, dryer, shower and a full kitchen at work
- A collaborative, high energy work environment