Candid™ provides direct-to-consumer clear aligners for 65% less than the cost of braces, without ever needing to step foot in an orthodontist’s office. We believe that high quality dental care should be affordable and accessible, and we're using modern telehealth practices to diagnose, treat, and monitor orthodontic cases. Our team is a group of startup veterans with experience across healthcare, hospitality, tech, and finance at companies such as Lyft, BCG, WeWork, Blackstone, and Clover Health. This is a revolutionary company with a massive market opportunity combined with a world-class team.
We’re looking for an experienced design leader to deliver a high-quality product experience across all our products and channels. This is a senior role in the company and we’re looking for someone to come onto the team with the ability to make processes more efficient from the get-go.
You’ll own your projects and collaborate closely with our Head of Marketing, Head of Engineering, Head of Product, Head of Operations, our researchers and our support team. That’s practically the entire breadth of the company because we believe that the primary role of design is to deliver a clearly thought-through end-to-end product solution that takes every aspect of product delivery into mind. You will report directly to our Chief Design Officer, Bobby Ghoshal.
What You'll Do
- You’ll be driving decisions for our e-commerce website, candidco.com - from brand positioning, to copy, to checkout flows and funnels. Our website also includes a customer portal that helps customers manage their entire treatment from start to finish
- Design at Candid doesn’t stop at the website. Our product and experience design touches our physical kits, our email marketing, both, digital and physical marketing artifacts, retail experience design, service design, research, customer journey mapping, copy design, videography, photography, graphic design and brand design You don’t need to be an expert in all of the above but having experience in all and being willing to work in all is important to this role
- Demonstrable experience collaborating with product managers, engineers, marketing, and support is important to this role
- We will need you to create and own design systems that allow the teams around you to ship products and features reliably and quickly
- Designers at Candid don’t focus solely on pushing pixels, we care about pushing the business forward. You’ll be expected to work within business needs and constraints in addition to looking for opportunities to elevate the business’s offerings
- Part of your role will entail working with our research team and spending time with customers and prospective customers; you’ll make a concerted effort to talk to them to understand their needs, their objections and how they see our product fitting into their lives
What You'll Need
- Strong UI and motion design abilities using contemporary design tools
- Ability to be objective about your work and knowing that sometimes (most times) just because something looks good, it doesn’t mean it is good. You’ll also need to be comfortable opening yourself up to feedback from the entire product team
- A deep understanding of end-to-end product design processes, including journey mapping, information architecture, wireframing, prototyping, user testing and writing (you don’t need to be a copywriter but appreciate that writing is a pillar of design.)
- A high degree of comfort with iterative design practices to ship optimal versions of your product over time
- Understand that we are a startup and that startups aren’t for everyone.You’ll need to be excited about working with incomplete information, sometimes working longer than usual hours, being available for urgent business needs, jumping into aspects of the business you don’t entirely understand, be results driven, and show initiative above and beyond the call of duty
- Above all, you’ll be an ambassador for design on behalf of the company
- 7+ years of real work experience for another company(ies)
- A portfolio of work that is clear about your thought process, not just final design work
- Equity in the business
- Medical and dental insurance
- Commuter benefits
- You will grow a lot here. You’ll be surrounded by employees with deep experience in their field, who have a strong passion for doing great work and constantly learning.
- Easy access to work, across the street from 4, 5, 6, L, N, Q, R, W trains
- Access to a washer, dryer, shower and a full kitchen at work
- A collaborative, high energy work environment