At Candid Co., our customers come to us to get affordable, orthodontist-directed clear aligner treatment to help them align their teeth. Candid’s aligner treatment costs 65% less than its competitors and all from the comfort of our customers’ homes. We’ve been called the “Warby Parker for orthodontic care” as our business echoes their ideas: cutting out costly fees and unnecessary doctor visits and providing customers with a product and treatment that’s just as good as the incumbents. This is a revolutionary company with a massive market opportunity for a team that is highly capable at executing. That’s where you come in!
We’re looking for a leader and operator to scale Candid Co.’s operations many-fold in the coming year and beyond as we build a best-in-class consumer/healthcare brand. The Director of Operations will own many of the business’s most complex problems. This person will be responsible for delivering project objectives and ensuring that the results are sustainable and lasting once the project is complete.
- Stand up HQ2: Select location, establish temporary & permanent spaces, hire first 20 Sales/Support/Lab staff and their leadership in Q2 and scale to meet growth from there
- Slash unit economics and COGS. Rebid and renegotiate contracts for shipping, fulfillment, and packaging.
- Manage our inventory to ensure on-time fulfillment and limit cost on hand.
- Bring our insurance and financing programs to the next level, trimming customers’ time through the funnel and providing a seamless customer experience.
- Jump in and help our Retail, Support, and Sales teams on major projects and launches.
- Work hand in hand with the COO, founders, and department heads to effect change at breakneck speed.
What You’ll Need:
- 5-10 years of experience, at least several years in a fast-growth environment.
- Track record of moving the needle significantly and sustainably on key business metrics.
- Proven ability to create structure in an unstructured, hyper-growth environment.
- Data- and process driven mindset.
Who You Are:
- Clear and concise communicator who can seamlessly partner with others from hourly employees to senior management. Working closely with others is key to your career success to date.
- Insanely attentive to detail.
- You are energized by hyper growth and can create structure out of chaos.
- Independent problem solver. You’re a creative and innovative thinker who isn’t constrained by what’s been done before
- Quick learner.
- Extremely organized and process-oriented. You can put a framework around any problem.
- You never accept information at face value. Impeccable sniff-test for numbers and arguments that don’t make sense.
- You like to push your limits and have a strong desire to grow professionally.
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Equity in the business
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Corporate discount on aligners and whitening
- Learn and grow as part of one of the fastest-growing startups in America!