Candid Co. is based out of New York City in the heart of Union Square. At Candid Co., our customers come to us to get affordable orthodontist-directed clear aligner treatment to help them align their teeth. Candid’s aligner treatment is done at a 65% lower cost than its competitors and all from the comfort of our customer’s home. We’ve been called the “Warby Parker for orthodontic care” as our business echoes their ideas: cutting out costly fees and unnecessary doctor visits and providing customers with a product and treatment that’s just as good as the incumbents. This is a revolutionary company with a massive market opportunity for a team that is highly capable at executing. That’s where you come in!
Retail Store Manager, Dental Orthodontics
Do you have a passion for leadership and for making people smile? If so, we’d love to speak with you about managing our first-ever Chicago retail store!
Candid Co. helps customers achieve the smile they've always wanted by delivering affordable and convenient clear aligners. We’re looking for a seasoned leader with experience in retail management to chart the course for how our new store will deliver a best-in-class customer experience.
- Lead a team of Candid Co. brand ambassadors as we launch in the Chicago market! Model the behaviors that reflect our company’s core values
- Hire up your team! You’ll own all facets of identifying, recruiting, training, and onboarding all-stars
- Create a fun, engaging, and ambitious in-store culture by ensuring every team member is involved, valued, and recognized for his/her contributions
- Ultimate responsibility for store performance - the buck stops with you when it comes to customer experience and sales
- Coach employees, recognizing their strengths and developing their opportunities
- Design and execute on the scheduling, processes, and performance management systems needed to achieve stellar performance
- Make customers feel comfortable by speaking knowledgeably and confidently about clear aligners
- Educate customers about our product and get them excited about their new smiles!
- Communicate early and often with the broader Candid team to share learnings and collaborate on new ways we can work together to raise our game!
- Ensure that the retail operation adheres to all policies and procedures relating to security, health, and safety
- Oversee maintenance of the facility and equipment, and accuracy of in-store inventory
- Our company is growing swiftly - be flexible and make changes to the operation of the store as we evolve!
- Periodically assist staff with taking customers’ intraoral scans and diagnostic photographs
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years retail management experience. Previous dental experience a plus, but by no means required
- Desire to learn about intraoral scanners, dental software systems, and clear aligners
- Excitement to expand your skill set and work as a great teammate!
- Extreme attention to detail
- Sense of urgency at all times
- Crisp oral and written communication skills
Who You Are:
- You naturally make people - both your direct reports and customers - feel warm and welcome
- You are process-oriented and disciplined. You follow - and ensure that your team follows - established procedures
- You aren’t afraid to speak up when you need help, ask for feedback, or convey feedback to others up, down, or across the organization
- You’re excited and passionate about building, motivating, and developing a strong team with a common focus
- You’re a ruthless prioritizer who stays organized and manages your time carefully
- You’re trustworthy and have an unwavering moral compass
- You’re self-driven with excellent communication skills, solid problem-solving abilities, and an exceptional understanding of superior customer experience
- You’re flexible to work 7 days a week, including some holidays, between 7am and 9pm
- You’re positive, upbeat, and excited to change people’s lives!
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Eligibility for incentive programs
- Corporate discount on aligners and whitening
- 3 weeks of paid time off
- Learn and grow as part of one of the fastest-growing startups in America!