Candid™ provides direct-to-consumer clear aligners for 65% less than the cost of braces, without ever needing to step foot in an orthodontist’s office. We believe that high quality dental care should be affordable and accessible, and we're using modern telehealth practices to diagnose, treat, and monitor orthodontic cases. Our team is a group of startup veterans with experience across healthcare, hospitality, tech, and finance at companies such as Lyft, BCG, WeWork, Blackstone, and Clover Health. This is a revolutionary company with a massive market opportunity combined with a world-class team.
You will build and own Candid™
We’re building a best-in-class consumer brand and are looking for a developer who has both an interest in customer experience and the ability to execute on those ideas.
You will partner with our product team, design team, and marketing team to bring our customer touch points to life and will be responsible for sound technical execution of web projects through hands-on development, quality-assurance, and prototyping. You will report directly to Candid's VP of Engineering.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with Designers to iterate on designs during implementation of our product
- Attentive to all the interface details during implementation, to ensure a high-quality customer experience
- Work with Backend Engineers to build features and ship experiments
- Implement and own testing frameworks for all web products
- Build efficient and reusable front-end systems and abstractions
- Find and address performance issues
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Work with marketing and growth teams to improve conversion rates
What You'll Need
- Proficiency with Git/Github or other distributed version control systems
- Experience working with CMS tools such as Squarespace, Shopify, Contentful or Wordpress
- Familiarity with server-side MVC web frameworks, such as Ruby on Rails or Django
- Commanding grasp of HTML, CSS, and related web technologies
- Understanding of SEO
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience working as a Front End Engineer
- Equity in the business
- Medical and dental insurance
- Commuter benefits
- You will grow a lot here. You’ll be surrounded by employees with deep experience in their field, who have a strong passion for doing great work and constantly learning.
- Easy access to work, across the street from 4, 5, 6, L, N, Q, R, W trains
- Access to a washer, dryer, shower and a full kitchen at work
- A collaborative, high energy work environment