Candid Co. is based out of New York City in the heart of Union Square. At Candid Co., our customers come to us to get affordable orthodontist-directed clear aligner treatment to help them align their teeth. Candid’s aligner treatment is done at a 65% lower cost than its competitors and all from the comfort of our customer’s home. We’ve been called the “Warby Parker for orthodontic care” as our business echoes their ideas: cutting out costly fees and unnecessary doctor visits and providing customers with a product and treatment that’s just as good as the incumbents. This is a revolutionary company with a massive market opportunity for a team that is highly capable at executing. That’s where you come in!
You will build and own Candid Co.’s
We’re building a best-in-class consumer brand and are looking for a developer who has both an interest in customer experience and the ability to execute on those ideas.
You will partner with our product team, design team, and marketing team to bring our customer touch points to life and will be responsible for sound technical execution of web projects through hands-on development, quality-assurance, and prototyping. You will report directly to Candid's VP of Engineering.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Collaborate with Designers to iterate on designs during implementation of our product
- Attentive to all the interface details during implementation, to ensure a high-quality customer experience
- Work with Backend Engineers to build features and ship experiments
- Implement and own testing frameworks for all web products
- Build efficient and reusable front-end systems and abstractions
- Find and address performance issues
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Work with marketing and growth teams to improve conversion rates
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Proficiency with Git/Github or other distributed version control systems
- Experience working with CMS tools such as Squarespace, Shopify, Contentful or Wordpress
- Familiarity with server-side MVC web frameworks, such as Ruby on Rails or Django
- Commanding grasp of HTML, CSS, and related web technologies
- Understanding of SEO
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience working as a Front End Engineer
- Equity in the business
- Medical and dental insurance
- Commuter benefits
- You will grow a lot here. You’ll be surrounded by employees with deep experience in their field, who have a strong passion for doing great work and constantly learning.
- Easy access to work, across the street from 4, 5, 6, L, N, Q, R, W trains
- Access to a washer, dryer, shower and a full kitchen at work
- A collaborative, high energy work environment