Canada Drives embraces an innovative, experimental, and data-driven mindset that encourages creative solutions and relentless progress. Guided by young leadership and defined by its innovative, out-of-the-box thinking, Canada Drives attracts the best talent in Vancouver by combining the electrifying energy of a start-up with the hard-earned stability of an established company.
We have been recognized as the fastest growing company in Canada by PROFIT 500 and the winner of Entrepreneur of the Year in 2016 by the Ernst & Young Pacific Division fintech category award. We were named as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 2019. The company’s growth means there are tons of opportunities on the horizon. This millennial-friendly company is committed to developing leaders from within as it fine-tunes an online service that satisfies over one million customers a year.
Our office is located in the heart of downtown Vancouver and we want you to join our fast-growing team. Come and discover your potential with us!
The Opportunity - VP of Data and Analytics
Canada Drives is enhancing our operations through skills and technology; we’re building a unique team, processes, and technology to collect, aggregate, and analyze raw data into accurate, understandable, and actionable reports and strategies.
The VP of Data and Analytics will lead a team of analysts and be responsible for defining the overall departmental vision, strategy, and roadmap. They will also help organize and align the Sales and Marketing departments with their day-to-day reporting and analytics.
The right candidate will have a combination of leadership, technical, analytical, and communication skills. By successfully leveraging these skills, the VP of Data and Analytics will help improve our business operations across multiple departments.
Take your career to the next level and be part of a winning team!
What you’ll be doing:
- Owning the data analytics processes and tools across the company
- Managing the Data Analytics team (current staff of 4) and providing direction, vision, motivation, and mentorship
- Developing a deep understanding of the key business drivers and revenue
- Supporting data-driven decision making by providing stakeholders with accurate and timely information
- Setting expectations for data analytics and providing clear communication to stakeholders
- Providing meaningful insights to business managers
- Managing dashboards, metrics, and reports to assist Sales, Marketing, Design, Customer Service, Dealer Services, and IT with their day-to-day operations and challenges
- Managing and implementing new data projects such as data centralization and creating underwriting models
- Supporting and promoting data governance
- Analyzing data for new insights, loan performance, and optimization of underwriting models
- Participating in strategic and tactical planning with Stakeholders
- Using Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning for Predictive Analytics
- Analyzing website traffic and advertisement data including the daily tracking of customer applications and conversion rates
- Working together with our in-house designers and developers to maintain and enhance our internal marketing tags and advertisements
- Planning, executing, analyzing results of A/B test variations on our websites as well as providing recommendations for improvements
What you should already have:
- Minimum 10 years of experience working with BI or Analytics
- Minimum 5 years of experience directly managing and mentoring staff
- Strong business-oriented skills to oversee the business strategy and processes, while turning data analysis into actionable information and insights
- Strong leadership, problem-solving, and communications skills
- Previous experience leading the development of data warehouses, data marts, dashboards, performance metrics, and reports
- Hands on experience analyzing and mining data, slicing and dicing structures, and finding new areas of opportunity
- Previous experience with Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, and Predictive Intelligence
- Excellent with Python, R and SQL
- Excellent with Tableau, Microsoft Power BI and Excel
- Deep understanding of dimensional data modelling
- Good understanding of Google Analytics and Tag Manager
- Familiarity with the Salesforce platform and modules (or comparable CRM)
- Financial Industry experience
- Master’s degree in Analytics related studies
- Working knowledge of Project Management and Business Analysis
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Good understanding of Adobe Target Manager and Audience