About the Canada Drives Group
Founded in 2010, the Canada Drives Group has spent the last decade simplifying the lending process for millions of Canadians facing all types of financial circumstances. Beginning in the automotive industry and moving across to many different consumer finance products, the Canada Drives Group helps Canadians get access to the financial products they need regardless of financial circumstance.
We are a group of high energy entrepreneurs who operate with a real sense of urgency. We have created some of the best in market products and sales processes allowing millions of Canadians to get access to financing online, via text or over the phone – all from the comfort of their own home! To learn more about the brands in the Canada Drives Group please visit: http://canadadrivesgroup.ca/
Canada Drives® is a two-time winner of Canada’s Best Managed Companies by Deloitte (2019 and 2020) and has consistently been named on Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50 list of Canada’s fastest-growing companies. We offer an unmissable opportunity for an ambitious candidate to step up and fast-track their career growth!
We are firm believers in developing our own talent and promoting from within. Come and discover your potential at Canada Drives!
NOTE – This is a remote, full-time permanent, work-from-home position and is open to all applicants from across the lower mainland. Once hired, we will provide you with everything you need to do your job.
What you will be doing:
Over 500,000 Canadians apply for a personal loan with the Canada Drives Group each year. As a Loan Specialist you will play a critical role as the first point of contact for these applicants. Your job will be to reach out to these applicants over the phone and step-by-step guide them through the application and documentation process. Job activities are as follows:
- Making outbound calls, texts and emails (primarily calls) to customers who apply for a personal loan at www.freshstartfinance.ca and www.springfinancial.ca (both brands are part of the Canada Drives Group).
- Guiding loan applicants through the application process and keeping the applicant engaged while collecting all the required information and documentation to complete an application.
- Learning how a loan is underwritten and approved and what is required of each applicant. Your job will be to apply this knowledge to each applicant’s unique profile.
- Helping a customer understand their financial circumstance, their credit file and income and how that relates to their borrowing options.
- Providing excellent customer service at each step of the way, taking time with each applicant to clearly answer their questions and provide accurate information.
What you need to succeed:
First and foremost, this is a sales job. Yes, you will only be reaching out to people who have applied for this product, but it is still your job to bring as many applicants through the loan process as possible. To be successful, you will need to embrace this and learn (with plenty of our help) to be excellent at selling this product.
- You will need to be on the phone for most of the day – think of at least 7 hours of on the phone time every day.
- You will need to be an excellent listener, a clear speaker (everything is done over the phone) and able to provide industry leading service to our customers.
- You will need to learn to build rapport with customers, to ask questions, carry on a conversation and be curious. This may not come naturally but you need to be open minded to learning this.
- This is a work from home job. You will need to be incredibly self-motivated to be on the phone day in and day out. There will be lots of manager interaction and touch points but when it comes down to it – you will be hitting the phones and working with customers all day long.
- You will have quotas and targets. Some of them are daily and some of them are monthly. They are all reasonable and your managers will give you lots of support in achieving them. This is not the right job for you if the idea of having to achieve something specific is too stressful for you to handle.
- We will give you lots of feedback. Successful people are able to take feedback and put it into action. This behavior is imperative to success and career growth at Canada Drives.
- You need to be good with computers and technology. You will have two monitors, you will have many different applications open at the same time. You will need to be a pro at helping customers use their phones to talk while texting in photos. If technology scares you – this is not the right fit.
What we offer:
We are offering you an entry level job at one of the most exciting and fastest growing companies in Canada. The majority of our managers started in a similar role and similar wage and now play key roles and are high earners in a growing company, we are big believers in promoting from within and developing our own talent.
- Full training by successful managers (all have done the job themselves) is provided at the beginning of your job and throughout your employment.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits.
- Starting salary of $15 per hour, guaranteed non-conditional increase to $16/hr at your three-month anniversary. Guaranteed conditional increase to $40,000 annual salary plus bonuses ($200-$1000 per month) at your 6-month anniversary (conditional on hitting predetermined targets that are the same for everyone). For reference, 50% of the team is currently on the $40,000 plan.
Check out our company culture at www.instagram.com/canadadrives