Cambridge Semantics is seeking a Full Stack Solution Engineer to join our team. The Solution Engineering team implements our Anzo software suite and our Big Data analytics platform to solve specific customer challenges. Successful candidates include self starters with strong analytical and problem solving skills who are interested in growing and deepening their knowledge in the Big Data space. If you have technical leadership abilities and would love to work with a team that thrives on finding solutions to complex problems, consider applying for this role!
- Provide technical oversight for several key customer projects in diverse and exciting industries such as pharmaceutical companies, financial institutions, and government entities.
- Communicate requirements and timelines to key project stakeholders
- Quickly understand the technical and business challenges facing our customers in domains such as drug discovery and research, competitive intelligence, marketing/sales, and data governance
- Work with state-of-the-art technologies for bringing data together, extracting data from natural language, and creating new, dynamic ways to interact with massive amounts of data.
- Participate in various parts of the business by collaborating with product management, development, and sales as required to improve and showcase the Anzo products.
Education & Experience
- Professional Services and/or Consulting experience
- Strong communication, presentation, and writing skills
- Ability to analyze complex business problems and apply technical solutions
- Computer Science or Mathematics degree
- Experience implementing software solutions in the field is a plus
- Experience implementing business intelligence software packages such as QlikView, Business Objects, Cognos, Tableau, or Hyperion is a plus
- Experience working with relational databases and SQL is a plus
- Experience with any of the following technologies is a plus: Semantic Web (RDF, SPARQL, OWL), BPM software, drools or other rules systems.
- Experience with analytic tools such as R Studio and SAS is a plus
This position is located in our Boston, MA office and will require some travel.
What We Offer
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability insurances, 401(k), and pre-tax commuter & healthcare benefits starting on your first day
- A flexible vacation policy, 8 paid holidays, and the opportunity to work remotely on occasion
- Up to 3 months of annual gym membership reimbursement, and the opportunity to earn cash for staying healthy
- A membership to WeWork, which provides vibrant, collaborative, and fun work space all over the world (plus free cold brew, espresso, and snacks)
- The opportunity to work alongside some of the smartest minds in the Big Data space!
About Cambridge Semantics
Cambridge Semantics, The Smart Data Company®, is a rapidly growing Big Data Management and Analytics software company. Our software, the Anzo Smart Data Lake®, allows IT departments and their business users to semantically link, analyze, and manage diverse data, whether internal or external, structured or unstructured, with speed, at big data scale and at the fraction of the implementation costs of using traditional approaches. The Anzo Smart Data Lake solution has won numerous industry awards such as KMWorld Trend-Setting Product, Bio-IT World Best in Show, and the SIIA CODiE Award for Best Business Intelligence/Analytics Solution.
We are a fast-paced, startup environment that rewards pro-activeness and idea-sharing, and values flexibility and balance between work and home life. Our headquarters is located in a vibrant WeWork space in beautiful downtown Boston next to the Boston Common, and is surrounded by endless lunch options and several different subway entrances.
If you are a motivated, passionate individual who is interested in making a tangible impact on our team and being part of our ascent to the next level, Cambridge Semantics is the place for you! We value the strength that diversity brings to the workplace, and encourage you to apply if you feel as though you are a great fit!