As an Operations Specialist at Cambridge Computer, your central role is to execute all moving pieces of the technology acquisitions that keep our clients’ data centers on the cutting edge. That means that we’ll expect you to learn how to collaborate smoothly with our sales team and other internal stakeholders to reduce risk while managing the entire procure-to-pay process directly with both our name brand and startup technology partners to give our customers a white glove experience. Don’t worry, we invest a lot in hands-on training and mentoring to get this right as it’s our core function.
We all wear a lot of hats in our team and craft roles with a lot of variety and challenge, so very quickly your responsibilities in this position will also draw from the following areas:
· Accounts payable and accounts receivable
· Internal procurement of technology and supplies
· Logistics coordination
· Revenue recognition and GAAP accounting
· Sales tax rate research
· Travel and expense processing
· Client credit research and analysis
· Inbound client phone support
· Banking and treasury activities
· Reporting and data gathering
· Compliance with federal and state requirements
· State purchasing contract management
· Decision support and analysis
· Business process improvement & documentation
· Other ad hoc projects and initiatives with management
While this role could be a great fit for those with interests in accounting, finance, supply chain, operations, technology, and general business, we don’t require any specific degree or experience level. Instead, we look for the following key predictors of success, factors that correlate well with professional growth within the team and company:
· Attention to detail and high standards for oneself and others
· Able to see the big picture and understand *why* something is done
· Clear communicator, whether via email or over the phone
· Able to explain and teach complex ideas to non-experts
· Positive negotiator; can get along well with others while being persuasive
· Resourceful at finding information, solving problems, and overcoming obstacles
· Quick study on picking up processes and procedures
· Can deal with ambiguity and make smart decisions with partial information
· Excellent judgment and common sense; knows when “standard procedure” is not enough
· Able to self-manage and manage people and processes without formal authority
· Takes ownership of problems big and small
· Able to prioritize well among competing interests and demands on time
· Integrity with others’ resources
· Ability to think analytically and critically; numerate
We have an excellent industry reputation and great relationships with our vendors. We use our extensive industry relationships with investors, entrepreneurs, technology visionaries, and manufacturers- along with the creativity and expertise of our Technical Teams- to identify and incorporate both new and existing paradigms into cohesive strategies for our clients.
We have clients in a wide variety of industries across North America. Our clients include Fortune 100 companies, nonprofits, academic institutions, and some of the hottest technology companies in the country.
Qualified applicants must have:
- Regular access to reliable transportation.
- The capability of being at Cambridge Computer's Waltham office with 45-minutes notice to handle urgent matters, including outside of normal business hours (occasionally important matters pop up on short notice).
- Current authorization (or will soon be authorized) to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- A bachelor's degree.
How to Apply
Applicants must provide the following required materials:
The following items are not required for application, but may be requested at a later stage:
- Mission Statement (instructions on our website!)
We recognize that satisfaction and well-being are integral components for long-term sustainability and business success. As such, available to full-time employees are the following benefits:
- Multiple health insurance options
- Medical FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with employer matching
- Employer-sponsored long-term disability
- Paid holidays and PTO that increases with longevity at the company
- Discounted health club membership
- Convenient parking
- Opportunities for growth!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Cambridge Computer provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, military service, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.