Have an entrepreneurial spirit?
Like variety and challenge?
Want opportunities for professional growth?
We're the best of both worlds
We're an established, stable and successful business with a 27-year track record in a hot industry AND we're entrepreneurial in spirit and culture.
Cambridge Computer is seeking driven, entry-level professionals who would like to grow with us. This is a unique position where you will be a member of our support team, helping our talented sales reps through every step in the sales process. You will be learning from some of the best in the business, and playing a pivotal role in a fast paced environment.
Headquartered in Waltham, Cambridge Computer is a leader in delivering innovative physical and cloud-based IT infrastructure, data storage, and data security solutions. We have a large and highly-skilled Technical Team, including Solution Architects and Technical Consultants, which support our Sales Team in designing and delivering hardware, software, and professional services solutions to our clients.
We have an excellent industry reputation and great relationships with a vast number of IT product manufacturers and software/cloud providers. We use our extensive industry relationships with investors, entrepreneurs, technology visionaries, and manufacturers, along with the creativity and expertise of our Technical Teams, to identify and incorporate both new and existing paradigms into cohesive strategies for our clients.
Our Technical Teams specialize in a range of technologies; some of which are:
- Data Storage, Backup, Archiving, DR & Replication;
- BC/DR as a service & Cloud Storage;
- Threat assessment, Filtering & AV Solutions;
- Networking, including Software Defined Networking;
- Data Life-Cycle Management; and
- OpenStack, Hadoop, Lustre & GPFS.
We have clients in virtually every major industry in North America. Our clients include Fortune 100 companies, nonprofits, academic institutions, and some of the hottest technology companies.
Our growing sales team needs some special folks to support their efforts. This is a unique position where you will be:
- Regularly collaborating on projects directly with our CEO, CTO, COO, and Controller (our management team believes strongly in the value of close working relationships and daily interaction between managers and staff);
- Interfacing with clients ranging from Fortune 100 companies to the Federal Government to major universities;
- Working with cutting-edge Enterprise IT products and fledgling start-up companies; and
- Learning the art of sales and the nuts and bolts of technology by supporting a team of expert salespeople and technical specialists.
Your daily responsibilities will include:
- Project and deal specific support: researching, quoting, coordinating resources, sales logistics, and managing paperwork;
- General team support: maintaining data in our CRM system, working with vendors on technical and pricing specifics, and general product and technical research; and
- Demand generation: participation in trade shows and other marketing activities.
In this position, you will also regularly work with other teams at Cambridge Computer, including Operations, Legal, Professional Services, and our Technical Specialists, allowing you to experience and evaluate the different career paths at Cambridge Computer. We provide structured training and leverage problem-driven learning to help you develop and hone your skills. The most common career paths that you can grow into from this position are lucrative careers in technical sales and sales engineering. Some folks also grow into dedicate sales support, sales operations, and management roles.
Qualified applicants must have:
- Regular access to reliable transportation;
- Capable of being at Cambridge Computer's Waltham office with 45-minutes notice to handle urgent matters, including outside of normal business hours (occasionally important matters pop up on short notice); and
- Applicants must be currently authorized (or will soon be authorized) to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- A bachelor’s degree.
How to Apply
Applicants must provide the following required materials:
We recognize that satisfaction and well-being are integral components for long-term sustainability and business success. As such, available to full-time employees are the following benefits:
- Multiple health insurance options
- Medical FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance401(k) savings plan with employer matching
- Employer-sponsored long-term disability
- Paid holidays and PTO that increases with longevity at the company
- Discounted health club membership
- Convenient parking
- Opportunities for growth!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Cambridge Computer provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, military service, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.