We are looking to add a hands-on Network Consultant to our elite Professional Services team. This opportunity is special in that it enables you to both gain a significant depth of expertise and simultaneously stay broad and keep your skills really relevant. We get to play with all the latest and greatest technologies too!
You will be consulting with clients and integrating networks, data protection, data storage, and virtualization technologies for a diverse group of corporate end users. We are very interested in hearing from individuals with specific experience with a variety of networking, hypervisors, data protection solutions, and HPC. However, we can train versatile, technically experienced candidates; we have a fully equipped lab environment, and a culture that emphasizes and rewards ongoing professional development and education.
The nature of our work is to deliver that expertise where it is needed throughout the US. This gives our technical staff significant exposure to a wide variety of organizations and technology environments. Thus, the position involves regular, generally short, business week travel outside of the area (on the order of about 25-50%, depending on the individual).
We specifically look for individuals with exceptional communication and/or teaching skills; most of our projects include detailed proposals, written consulting deliverables, group and/or one-on-one technical training, and knowledge transfer.
Qualifications - preferably have Bachelor’s degree and at least three years of relevant experience, including familiarity with:
- Cisco Networking (including Cisco CCNA), VMware NSX, and/or OpenStack
- Enterprise-class backup software, such as Veeam, CommVault, NetWorker, NetBackup, or Avamar
- Server administration including virtualized (VMware or HyperV) and physical (Windows, UNIX/Linux) environments
- Enterprise data storage technologies, such as SAN and NAS storage, Fibre Channel and iSCSI, CIFS, and NFS
- Be comfortable working in datacenters and server rooms large and small
- Present a confident, calm demeanor
- Able to explain a detailed solution to an end-user or administrator
Additionally, a successful candidate will likely bring several areas of expertise listed below:
- Advanced Networking experience, including advanced switch configuration
- Fundamental knowledge of TCP/IP, GRE, IPSec, SNMP, ARP, VLANs, VPNs
- Effective troubleshooting skills in Ethernet, BGP, OSPF, MPLS
- VMware VCP certification
- Active Directory or LDAP experience, including user authentication in a mixed Windows/POSIX environment
- Knowledge of cloud computing & storage, OpenStack, and/or object storage
- Experience with data collection and statistical analysis, including reporting and monitoring tools
- Experience with high-performance computing
- Database administration experience with Oracle or MS SQL
- Scripting experience – Perl, Python, bash, ksh, and/or PowerShell
- Technical writing, technical consulting, or training experience
- Experience architecting and implementing large virtual desktop and virtual application deployments
- Vendor-specific SAN/NAS certifications
- Technical project management experience
Cambridge Computer is a leader in delivering innovative physical and cloud-based IT infrastructure, data storage, and data security solutions to clients in a wide variety of industries across North America. Our clients include Fortune 100 companies, nonprofits, academic institutions, and some of the hottest high-technology companies in the country. We use creativity, technical expertise, and extensive industry relationships with investors, entrepreneurs, technology visionaries, and manufacturers to identify and incorporate both new and existing paradigms into cohesive IT strategies for our clients. Also, we're a Woman-Owned Small Business, with a close-knit staff of about 70 people that hail from all over the world.
How to Apply
Applicants must provide the following required materials:
We recognize that satisfaction and well-being are integral components for long-term sustainability and business success. As such, available to full-time employees are the following benefits:
- Multiple health insurance options
- Medical FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with employer matching
- Employer-sponsored long-term disability
- Paid holidays and PTO that increases with longevity at the company
- Discounted health club membership
- Convenient parking
- Opportunities for growth!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Cambridge Computer provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, military service, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.