Our Partners - We have an excellent industry reputation and great relationships with a vast number of IT product manufacturers and software/cloud providers. We use our extensive industry relationships with investors, entrepreneurs, technology visionaries, and manufacturers, along with the creativity and expertise of our Technical Teams, to identify and incorporate both new and existing paradigms into cohesive strategies for our clients.
Our Technical Teams specialize in a range of technologies; some of which are:
- Data Storage, Backup, Archiving, DR & Replication;
- BC/DR as a service & Cloud Storage;
- Threat assessment, Filtering & AV Solutions;
- Networking, including Software Defined Networking;
- Data Life-Cycle Management; and
- OpenStack, Hadoop, Lustre & GPFS.
Our Clients - We have clients in virtually every major industry in North America. Our clients include Fortune 100 companies, nonprofits, academic institutions, and some of the hottest technology companies.
The core function of this role is event planning and management. We run dozens of events per year. Many of these events are concentrated within eight-week periods in the Spring and Fall. You will work in tandem with the Marketing Manager to assist coordination of these events and ensure all details are met.
To give you a sense of what that looks like -picture yourself as a wedding planner: you’re responsible for six weddings taking place this summer -- each with an excited bride and groom, two sets of in-laws to please, tight budgets, and each in a different city across the US, with different themes and sizes-- every detail having to be perfect down to the exact color of the mashed potatoes!
Then imagine on top of that that you’re managing another 25 weddings, all in different stages of preparation, that are coming up over the next year.
That would give you a rough idea of what you might be dealing with. That should give you a rough idea of what this position involves. As such, we’re looking for someone who is an aggressive self-starter and is able to take on the work in a fast-paced environment while effectively working with our team.
Your daily responsibilities will include:
- Event Management -- You will be responsible for managing multiple events simultaneously. In addition to running dozens of events per year, we also attend about 15 trade shows annually, run various webinars, and regularly coordinate small lunch events. Because we have a number of technology partners, our events have more strategy and moving parts than your typical manufacturer booth.
- Partner Engagement – You will frequently have conversations with our technology partners about events, webinars, and other marketing activities. You must feel comfortable speaking with wide audiences as there are times you’re speaking with executives of companies about event logistics including funding.
- Layout & Design - You will have to layout signs, flyers, basic designs for giveaways like t-shirts, etc., as well as manage our Company website, so we're looking for someone who has a good eye for layout and the ability to write content and drive the process. As If this isn’t one of your strong suits, we're open to training someone if all else is ideal.
Qualified applicants must have:
- A bachelor’s degree.
- 0-3+ years of relevant event planning or management experience.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- The ability to plan strategically and see the bigger picture in our events as it relates to our business.
- Sharp attention to detail.
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills; a capacity to think critically, handle large workloads, balance priorities, and multi-task effectively.
- Regular access to reliable transportation.
- Current authorization (or will soon be authorized) to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
How to Apply
Applicants must provide the following required materials:
We recognize that satisfaction and well-being are integral components for long-term sustainability and business success. As such, available to full-time employees are the following benefits:
- Multiple health insurance options
- Medical FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance401(k) savings plan with employer matching
- Employer-sponsored long-term disability
- Paid holidays and PTO that increases with longevity at the company
- Discounted health club membership
- Convenient parking
- Opportunities for growth!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Cambridge Computer provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, military service, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.