Do you have a strong motivation to turn chaos into order? Love getting things done? Do you want to have a hand in every single operational aspect of a leading and innovative technology company in the exciting world of data protection, cloud technology, networking and security, virtualization, and high performance computing?
If so, Cambridge Computer is always looking to talk with business operations ninjas who can make a significant impact in our Operations Team.
From Day One on the job, new team members dive headfirst into learning how to make a serious contribution to our group’s core function, which is collaborating with external technology vendors and our sales team to turn client orders into on-time accurate deliveries leading to an exquisite client experience. As that foundation is established, people build on their skills and interests with the context of our team’s goals to expand the scope and scale of their responsibilities in the other areas.
And what exactly does our team do? Everything, and we do it well. One day you’ll see us processing accounts payable and defending against costly mistakes through diligence. Another day, it might be ensuring impeccable collections by establishing a new client with a credit line or managing our accounts receivable. Then it might be some accounting and the preparation of timely and accurate financial reports and tax filings. Oh, and also human resources. And then some SQL queries. Sure, let’s process some travel expenses. Yup, we do that – and a whole bunch of other things, like:
- Regularly collaborate on projects directly with senior management
- Interface with clients ranging from fledgling start-ups to Fortune 100 companies, governments, and major universities
- Work with cutting-edge Enterprise IT products
- Build rapport and trust to manage critical business relationships with our vendor partners
- Act professionally as the face of the company to our clients’ finance and accounting groups
- Perform all company accounting with unwavering integrity
- Scrupulously manage the resources of the company
- Seek out the best value for IT products and services
- Efficiently and fairly reimburse colleagues for travel and expenses consistent with internal policies and external regulations
- Capture and analyze data with SQL and Excel to help the company make strategic decisions
- Administer all benefits and compensation to enable colleagues to do exceptional work
We want to talk to you if most of the following things are true about you:
- You can digest complexity and transform it into simplicity
- You don’t throw up your hands when things get challenging
- You can easily formulate a cogent and persuasive argument in writing and verbally
- You can look many moves ahead and see what might go wrong, and defend against it now
- You negotiate well and strengthen your relationships with the other party in the process
- You are proficient at dealing with data in SQL or Excel
- You easily build rapport and find common ground with anyone
- Words matter to you, and people trust you when you speak
- You relentlessly seek clarity, yet you are strong enough to handle ambiguity
- You have a well-calibrated BS detector and a reputation for straight talk
- Your picture is in the dictionary next to “Resourceful”
- When others are running from the fire, you are running toward it
People who join our team typically start with a range of work and responsibilities appropriate for their level of experience and maturity, and our goal is to have each person increase their impact over time and maximize their potential within the team and the company.
We have an excellent industry reputation and great relationships with our vendors. We use our extensive industry relationships with investors, entrepreneurs, technology visionaries, and manufacturers- along with the creativity and expertise of our Technical Teams- to identify and incorporate both new and existing paradigms into cohesive strategies for our clients.
We have clients in a wide variety of industries across North America. Our clients include Fortune 100 companies, nonprofits, academic institutions, and some of the hottest technology companies in the country.
Qualified applicants must have:
- Regular access to reliable transportation.
- The capability of being at Cambridge Computer's Waltham office with 45-minutes notice to handle urgent matters, including outside of normal business hours (occasionally important matters pop up on short notice).
- Current authorization (or will soon be authorized) to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- A bachelor's degree.
How to Apply
Applicants must provide the following required materials:
The following items are not required for application, but may be requested at a later stage:
- Mission Statement (instructions on our website!)
We recognize that satisfaction and well-being are integral components for long-term sustainability and business success. As such, available to full-time employees are the following benefits:
- Multiple health insurance options
- Medical FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with employer matching
- Employer-sponsored long-term disability
- Paid holidays and PTO that increases with longevity at the company
- Discounted health club membership
- Convenient parking
- Opportunities for growth!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Cambridge Computer provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, military service, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.