We’re looking for an experienced individual contributor who wants the best technical resources at their disposal. If that sounds like you, read on for more information.
Headquartered in Waltham, MA, Cambridge Computer is a leader in delivering innovative physical and cloud-based IT infrastructure, data storage, and data security solutions. We have a large and highly-skilled Technical Team, including Solution Architects and Technical Consultants, which support our Sales Team in designing and delivering hardware, software, and professional services solutions to our clients.
We have an excellent industry reputation and great relationships with a vast number of IT product manufacturers and software/cloud providers. We use our extensive industry relationships with investors, entrepreneurs, technology visionaries, and manufacturers, along with the creativity and expertise of our Technical Teams, to identify and incorporate both new and existing paradigms into cohesive strategies for our clients.
Our Technical Teams specialize in a range of technologies; some of which are:
- Data Storage, Backup, Archiving, DR & Replication;
- BC/DR as a service & Cloud Storage;
- Threat assessment, Filtering & AV Solutions;
- Networking, including Software Defined Networking;
- Data Life-Cycle Management; and
- OpenStack, Hadoop, Lustre & GPFS.
We have clients in virtually every major industry in North America. Our clients include Fortune 100 companies, nonprofits, academic institutions, and some of the hottest technology companies.
To capitalize on our momentum, we're looking for an Account Executive who has successfully sold IT solutions to commercial, SLED, or federal clients so you could focus on any of the three.
Cambridge Computer holds MEEC and VASCUPP contracts, which are huge assets you can leverage to access SLED clients throughout Maryland and Virginia. You will be based out of your home office in Virginia, where you will have access to an experienced Technical Team, including local pre-sales Solution Architects (similar to systems engineers or sales engineers), as well as an Inside Sales Team, to assist and support your sales efforts. You will also be supported by our Waltham-based Professional Services, Operations, Legal, and Management Teams, all committed to empowering your growth and success.
The solutions we provide generally include hardware, software, and professional services. Our professional services are our crown jewel and not just a checkbox or afterthought - we handle everything from very small, couple day engagements to very large, couple hundred day integration/consulting projects.
Qualified applicants must have:
- A background selling IT solutions (preferably including hardware, software, and professional services) to SLED clients.
- Experience developing accounts, writing technical proposals, giving presentations, and closing sales!
- Familiarity with backup and data storage technologies is ideal but not required.
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills, and a capacity to think critically are requisite, as are the abilities to handle large workloads, balance priorities, and multi-task effectively.
- Current authorization (or will soon be authorized) to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- A bachelor's degree.
All applicants must provide the following required materials:
We recognize that satisfaction and well-being are integral components for long-term sustainability and business success. As such, available to full-time employees are the following benefits:
- Salary and uncapped commission
- Multiple health insurance options
- Medical FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with employer matching
- Employer-sponsored long-term disability
- Paid holidays and PTO that increases with longevity at the company
- Discounted health club membership
- Opportunities for growth!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Cambridge Computer provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, military service, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.