We are looking to add another versatile Senior HPC Technologist to our elite team. This opportunity is special in that it enables you to both gain a significant depth of expertise and simultaneously stay broad and keep your skills really relevant. We get to play with all the latest and greatest technologies too!
You will be consulting with clients and integrating enterprise backup, data storage, and data archiving technologies for a diverse group of corporate clients. We are very interested in hearing from individuals with specific experience architecting high performance computing (HPC) clusters, parallel file systems, high throughput networking, GPU clusters, and deep learning techniques. However, we can train versatile, technically experienced candidates; we have a fully equipped lab environment, and a culture which emphasizes and rewards ongoing professional development and education.
Our technical positions are designed for individuals interested in developing exceptional expertise in high performance computing technologies. The nature of our work is to deliver that expertise where it is needed throughout the US. This gives our technical staff significant exposure to a wide variety of organizations and technology environments. Thus, the position involves regular, generally short, business week travel outside of the area (on the order of about 25-50%, depending on the individual).
We specifically look for individuals with exceptional communication and/or teaching skills; most of our projects include written consulting deliverables, group and/or one-on-one technical training, and knowledge transfer.
Senior Technical Consultants preferably have at least four years of relevant experience, including familiarity with:
- Architecting High Performance computing Clusters
- High Throughput Network solutions such as Infiniband, OmniPath, and 100GbE
- Schedulers such as UGE (SGE), SLRUM, PGS, and LSF
- Cluster management tools such as Bright Computing, ROCKS
- Parallel File systems such as Lustre, Spectrum Scale (GPFS)
- Enterprise data storage technologies, such as SAN and NAS storage, Fibre Channel and iSCSI, CIFS, and NFS
- Windows Server administration and/or UNIX/Linux system administration
- Be comfortable working in datacenters and server rooms large and small
- Present a confident, calm demeanor
- Have a Bachelor’s degree,
- Be currently authorized (or will soon be authorized) to work in the United States on a full-time basis
Additionally, a successful candidate will likely bring several areas of expertise listed below:
- Cross-platform system administration experience, including user authentication in a mixed
- Windows/POSIX environment
- Networking experience, including advanced switch configuration
- High throughput networking RDMA, RoCE, NVMeOF, IPoIB
- LDAP or Active Directory experience
- Experience with high-performance computing
- Database administration experience with Oracle or MS SQL
- Scripting experience – Perl, python, bash, ksh, and/or PowerShell
- Technical writing, technical consulting, or training experience
- Experience with data collection and analysis, including reporting and monitoring tools
- Knowledge of cloud computing & storage, OpenStack, and/or object storage
- Vendor-specific SAN/NAS certifications
- VMware VCP certification
- Technical project management experience
How to Apply
Applicants must provide the following required materials:
We recognize that satisfaction and well-being are integral components for long-term sustainability and business success. As such, available to full-time employees are the following benefits:
- Salary and uncapped commission
- Multiple health insurance options
- Medical FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with employer matching
- Employer-sponsored long-term disability
- Paid holidays and PTO that increases with longevity at the company
- Discounted health club membership
- Convenient parking
- Opportunities for growth!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Cambridge Computer provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, military service, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Thank you for taking the time to consider this opportunity with us and good luck with your career search.