The Calvary Learning Center began almost 50 years ago with the vision of providing a loving, Christian environment to the children of working parents. To this day, we hold true to those same values. The job description for a Qualified Day Care/Pre-school Teacher in our Christian Early Learning Center follows:
- Provide a warm. nurturing, safe and sanitary environment for each child
- Implement an age appropriate program for the children
- Interact with each child’s parent/guardian in a caring manner
- Carry out the responsibilities of the classroom
- Implement a daily program that meets the emotional, physical, intellectual and social needs of each child and the classroom as a group in a manner that is consistent with a Christian based educational program.
- Interact with each child in a manner that supports self-esteem, encourages independence and shows respect for each child.
- Prepare and maintain the classroom
- Maintain a positive working relationship with fellow staff members
- Establish and maintain positive communications with parents
- Attend all staff meetings and training sessions
- Complete and turn in all required paperwork in a timely and professional manner
- Comply with all rules and regulation of Bright from the Start
- Be willing to learn and increase professional knowledge
- Maintain current evidence of successful biennial training in Child/Infant CPR and First Aid
Must be able to:
- Lift child weighing up to 50 pounds
- Sit comfortably on the floor while interacting with children
- Walk up and down stairs
- Change position frequently during the day
Must have or be willing to pursue one of the following:
- CDA Credential
- TCC in Early Childhood
- B.Ed in Early Childhood
Applicant must have previous child care experience.
Applicant must be able to pass a comprehensive criminal background check and drug test.
Full-time position includes vacation and health benefits package after probationary period.