Remote work option available.
Caliper has an opening for a principal psychometrician in Caliper’s Division of Science, Research Department. This position offers an exciting opportunity for senior-level psychometricians interested in contributing to assessment programs used to help make high-stakes decisions for pre-employment selection, workplace and team dynamics (e.g., personality, attitudinal, cognitive aptitude, job performance, organizational climate/culture measures).
Together with the Chief Product & Innovation Officer and the Science Division leadership team, the principal psychometrician will propose new assessment avenues that will help forward Caliper’s business agenda and promote leading assessment technology in the industry. Working together with fellow researchers, the principal psychometrician will plan assessment designs, coordinate and execute work across teams, conduct necessary advanced statistical analyses and validation studies, and report research findings to the C-Suite``. Additionally, the principal psychometrician is expected to lead and maintain a professional presence/partnerships in both academic and applied research fields (e.g., conference attendance, professional publications and/or presentations).
- Experience in an applied corporate setting for conducting research, data collection, and understanding and working within client business constraints.
- Experience with assessment translations and implementation of assessments in an international market.
- Proven advanced expertise and experience independently conducting and interpreting advanced psychometric analyses in support of testing programs [e.g., multiple regression, latent variable analysis/confirmatory factor analysis/structural equation modeling, item response theory (incl. 1-, 2-, & 3-PL models), multilevel modeling, application of generalizability theory in reduction of measurement error, reliability analyses, etc.].
- Proven proficiency independently using relevant statistical software needed for conducting statistical analyses (e.g., R, SPSS, SAS, AMOS, BILOG, HLM, LISREL).
- Proven experience designing/analyzing a variety of assessment measurement types (e.g., Likert-type response scales, ipsative measures, multimedia assessments, situational judgement tests).
- Proven expertise and experience creating a variety of items that both adequately measure latent constructs as well as balance reading level and accessibility.
- Proven ability to communicate complex research and statistical findings to both naïve and expert audiences, both in verbal presentation and in writing.
- Proven expertise in professional and legal guidelines/compliance for assessments, esp. related to pre-employment selection and accessibility standards.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and effectively with internal and external clients, stakeholder groups, and technical advisory groups.
- A Ph.D. in psychometrics, educational measurement, statistics, quantitative or cognitive psychology; or, industrial-organizational psychology specializing in psychometrics or a closely related quantitative field
- At least six (6) years of experience in an applied measurement or statistical analysis environment is required.
- This position may require contact with an external clients and travel.
- This position requires initiative, creativity, advanced research skills and technical expertise. Senior-level staff engage in exploratory and applied research methods as well as provide operational and strategic technical guidance on the use of current and emerging technology, innovations and research.
Caliper is an EEO employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
"Equal Opportunity Employer"
Caliper is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status."