PERFECT JOB FOR RECENT COLLEGE GRADS LOOKING TO START THEIR CAREER IS B2B SALES!
The Business Development Manager (BDM) focuses on developing new business and growing existing business. The position creates opportunities by initiating contact with current clients and prospects in order to generate interest in products or services. Business Development Managers present Caliper’s value proposition, finding ways to get past initial resistance and negotiate effectively in order to close sales that promote profitable revenue growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Acquisition of New Business
- Identify and develop new business opportunities via creative means, including but not limited to direct marketing campaigns, cold calling, planned prospecting events, and digital marketing generated leads.
- Coordinate marketing events designed to generate leads in conjunction with team members (Marketing, Client Services, regional sales team members).
- Manage small business database
- Pursue accounts in conjunction with regions in accordance with pre-defined strategy.
- Seek and obtain referrals from existing network of contacts or existing clients.
- Network locally pursuant to regional strategy (LinkedIn networking, hosting webinars and events, etc.)
- Host webinars to promote client education throughout the region.
- Identify client trends, and and work with regional team to develop the solutions road map for the client in order to next steps en route to selling core solutions, certification or analytics.
- Shape solutions - bringing in appropriate team members as needed.
- Make outbound calls to assigned prospects pursuant to defined regional strategy.
- Travel as necessary for face-to-face meetings with prospects and clients.
- Provide clients and prospects with an understanding of the full scope of Caliper’s offerings.
- Assist in the proper assignment of new clients to appropriate Caliper team members.
- CRM: Continually update contacts/companies, notes, activities, and opportunities.
- Report back to marketing on Associations and other trends to ensure successful sales enablement.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Interest in developing a career in consultative sales
- Internship experience in a business setting preferred
- Talent acquisition, recruiting and/or HR experience helpful.
- Ability to interact, listen, influence and partner with decision makers and stakeholders.
- Outstanding communication skills: accurately, enthusiastically and effectively represent thoughts and ideas and concepts, reflecting this in the level of presentation techniques (oral, written, presentation, listening).
- Excellent organization skills must be able to multitask and prioritize an ongoing, shifting workload.
- Intellectually curious - eager to continue to build skills and knowledge.
- Bachelor’s degree at minimum and/or equivalent experience.
- Google Suite – demonstrated skill in Sheets, Docs, and Slides (comparable Microsoft Office skills acceptable).
- Tech Savvy, ability to learn and utilize additional software packages, as required.
Standard office requirements.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is based in an office atmosphere. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The position travels to client sites roughly 25-50% of the time.