Senior Ruby Developer
Remote Work Opportunity
The Caliper production engineering team is seeking a full stack Ruby developer to work on our enterprise products in the field of human capital analytics. In this role, you will create innovative solutions and work on exciting products. You will be working in a fast-paced agile environment alongside other developers to deliver quality software to our customers.
- Perform Full Stack software development for core web applications from client side to the NO SQL Graph databases and everything in between
- Implement core REST + JSON based APIs.
- Develop automated solutions to build, deploy, and test applications in a cloud environment
- Work closely alongside other developers and QA engineers using the Agile software development lifecycle
- Write automated unit tests
- Work in a dynamic, changing environment using continuous integration and a dev-ops model to rapidly develop, test, and deploy code into production
- Research and implement solutions using new technologies
- Minimum 3 years of experience building web applications with Ruby technologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience with Ruby programming language
- Proficient with Relational Databases
- Proficient developing REST APIs
- Experience with Spring or other Java Frameworks
- Scripting languages such as Groovy
- Experience writing unit tests
- Usage of Git, SVN or similar version control systems
- Experience working with Docker containers
- Experience with AWS cloud environments
Professional Skill Requirements:
- Eagerness and willingness to use and work on new technologies
- Strong verbal communication and willingness to work on a team or independently