The role of the Associate Project Manager is to plan, execute, monitor progress of, and close out projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. Incumbents of this role will be required to manage multiple small-midscale projects concurrently (e.g. workshops. three sixties, etc.) The Associate Project Manager is responsible for the effective and efficient execution of projects through setting and communicating clear deadlines, acquiring resources, monitoring and summarizing project progress, and coordinating the efforts of team members, and/or consultants. Incumbents of this role will be required to manage multiple projects concurrently and is responsible for quality control throughout the project life cycle.
Planning & Organizing Tasks
- Manages critical aspects of projects such as planning, scheduling, and tracking project timelines and milestones; ensuring that quality standards are met.
- Manages projects based on predefined project plans developed by other sources such as an existing contract, scope of work, or other project managers.
- Organizes and facilitates project progress/status meetings.
- Conducts assessment of and documents project-related task.
- Schedule and coordinate client meetings and consultations while tracking progress and results.
- Manage materials for workshops. This responsibility includes coordinating the presentation of materials, aggregate data requests, obtaining score sheets, assisting with presentation development and shipment of materials
- Coordinate and manage predefined tasks to completion or next level of decision-making
- Creates a variety of business documents including project timelines, schedules, communication records, meeting agendas, meeting minutes, and status reports.
- Effectively utilizes a variety of project management tools and software such as Jira, Confluence, Gantt charts, spreadsheets, and other software.
- Familiarizes self with the technology to be leveraged in project execution in order to evaluate what is reasonable and possible.
Communication and Team Coordination Tasks
- Communicates project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with project internal and external stakeholders to ensure expectations are properly managed.
- Secure the required personnel resources to complete project tasks with departmental managers
- Identify and resolve project issues as they occur. Escalate if necessary.
- Obtains agreement from team members regarding appointed tasks and assigned responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong attention to detail and communication skills
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Capacity to interface with multiple levels of business hierarchy, up to and including executive level personnel
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- 2 – 3 years project management experience preferred