The role of the Project Coordinator is to plan, execute, monitor progress of, and close out small-scales projects according to strict deadlines. Incumbents of this role will be required to manage multiple small-scale projects concurrently (e.g. three sixties, coaching, etc.) The Project Coordinator will also be responsible for providing assistance in tracking multiple projects, and will work to facilitate next steps in a given project implementation. This person will work to ensure good practices in standard methodologies and processes are used in the execution of projects. This position serves as a single point of contact and acts in a liaison capacity to manage projects performed by Project Management.
This position performs diversified duties in a supportive and challenging environment, while providing direct support to the Project Management function. Performs administrative and office support activities as needed. Have strong written and verbal communication skills, high attention to detail, results oriented, highly organized, good follow up skills, willing to take initiative, a professional demeanor, a mature adaptation to handling pressure and dealing with employees on all levels.
Project Management Support
- Confirm project tasks, time requirements, risks, deliverables and needed resources.
- Coordinate and manage predefined tasks to completion or next level of decision-making.
- Develop, manage and track project plans.
- Prioritize resources/projects through collaboration with key business stakeholders
- Provides progress reports to management
- Act as central information source by maintaining and distributing project details e.g. contractual details.
- Research, compile, process and coordinate project data e.g. Data entry, report generation, metrics collection.
- Prepare correspondence, reports, and high quality presentations.
- Ensure accuracy of all paperwork and change requests.
- Responsible for the preparation and coordination of client invoices on projects
- Ensure team members follow defined processes.
- Follow up with project team members on open unresolved project tasks.
- Inform team on project status and updates
- Processes & finalizes proposals before final distribution to AM & OD
- Effectively utilizes a variety of project management tools and software such as Jira, Confluence, Gantt charts, spreadsheets, and other software.
Communication and Team Coordination Tasks
- Communicates project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with project internal and external stakeholders to ensure expectations are properly managed.
- Secure the required personnel resources to complete project tasks with departmental managers
- Identify and resolve project issues as they occur. Escalate if necessary.
- Obtains agreement from team members regarding appointed tasks and assigned responsibilities.
General Department Support
- Schedule meetings as requested
- Serves as department liaison to resolve questions regarding general services, products and billing. Prioritizes and resolves inquires (phone, e-mail, in person).
- Special projects as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong attention to detail and communication skills
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Capacity to interface with multiple levels of business hierarchy, up to and including executive level personnel
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant work experience tracking projects
- 2 – 3 years business experience preferred