What’s The Job?
Calendly is looking for a performance-driven, analytically-minded Email & CRM Marketing Manager to build segments, communication flows, rules, and triggers, and to analyze KPIs related to new user growth, activity, engagement, and conversion. You will be comfortable creating structure, process, and visual logic flows to present to stakeholders. Working within the Product Marketing team, you’ll be responsible for the strategy, execution and analysis of our lifecycle email and in-app marketing as the primary communication channels with our users. Collaboration with marketing, sales, customer experience, engineering, and product teams will be key to setting and accomplishing shared goals.
- Build, test and optimize B2B lead nurture streams and B2C & B2B lifecycle messaging and product communication to accomplish quantitative business goals
- Partner with Product Marketing to develop a deep understanding of what resonates with our customers in order to create and implement cross-channel, end-to-end customer journeys
- Optimize business rules that automate and drive content, triggers, audience segmentation, channel selection, creative messaging and communications cadence
- Build and monitor tests tied to clear success KPIs to regularly learn and improve acquisition, activation, engagement and conversion
- Own KPIs, including deliverability, open rate, click rate, conversion rate, opt-out rate, and revenue, as well as specific business goals around individual campaigns
- Actively manage contact list size and health, data collected and target segments to create relevant and engaging campaigns for customers
- Create and monitor automated lifecycle flows that support new user onboarding, re engagement of lapsed users, and activity & conversion of active users
- Oversee our global email marketing calendar, working with stakeholders to ensure our programming is continually optimized and seamlessly executed
- Manage the relationship with our email service provider to stay on top of new product launches and ensure we’re using the tool as effectively as we can
- Develop the optimization and testing roadmap for marketing campaigns through email, site, push and in-app notifications that directly impact impact user acquisition, engagement/retention, subscriber conversion, and churn
- Interface with product and engineering leads to advance customer segmentation and communications related projects - using data to help justify the prioritization of work that will improve our email results and processes
- 5+ years experience in email marketing, CRM marketing, and/or customer insights (SaaS experience a plus)
- Experience driving results through lifecycle communications, marketing automation, dynamic emails, and in-app (web) messages
- Customer-centric mindset and the ability to understand Calendly's target B2B and B2C consumer to build relationships between subscribers and our brand
- Strong project management, attention to detail, and data-based decision-making skills
- Communicate clearly and consistently (strong copywriting skills a plus)
- Ability to edit email HTML and have an eye for quality email copy and design
- Expertise in ESP/CRM and marketing automation platforms (Intercom or other)
- Deep analytical knowledge and experience setting business goals, reporting on campaigns, and doing data-based optimization
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident (we do not sponsor at this time)
What We Value
Calendly delivers the best service to schedule external meetings professionally, quickly and effortlessly. Our product is used by over a million people every month across many job functions and industries including sales, recruiting, financial services and education.
We’re obsessed with providing an elegant, delightful, frustration-free experience for our customers. This shapes how we develop, design, market, and support. We move fast and pitch in across departments to help each other when problems need solving.
We’re a group of people with very different backgrounds, abilities, and perspectives. We work hard to build great things together—and make time to celebrate our accomplishments. We offer competitive salary and unlimited paid time off, the option to work remotely and other perks!