What’s the Job?
Calendly is looking for an Engineering Manager to join our profitable and fast growing company to help us build a best in class technology team and culture. This role will work alongside our engineering and product management teams to make Calendly even simpler and more powerful for our user base. We are seeking a versatile technical leader who relishes the chance to work on impactful technology and can help accelerate and empower our development teams while helping us create the future of scheduling.
- Enhance the software development lifecycle by applying industry best practices and processes
- Coach, mentor and onboard new engineering team members
- Ensure the career development, satisfaction, and productivity of the engineers on your team
- Identify future technical needs and create plans to meet them
- Provide input to help us continuously grow and improve
- 2+ years in an engineering management or team lead role
- Academic background in computer science or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience leading teams and driving them toward big goals and consistent execution
- Professional experience working with SaaS applications
- You are a great communicator who can succinctly explain complex technical concepts
- Four year university/college degree required
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident (we do not sponsor at this time)
Bonus If You Have Experience With:
- Ruby on Rails
- Heroku Hosting Platform
- Security best practices, threat modeling and mitigation
What We Value
Calendly delivers the best service to schedule external meetings professionally, quickly and effortlessly. Our product is used by over a million people every month across many job functions and industries including sales, recruiting, financial services and education.
We’re obsessed with providing an elegant, delightful, frustration-free experience for our customers. This shapes how we develop, design, market, and support. We move fast and pitch in across departments to help each other when problems need solving.
We’re a group of people with very different backgrounds, abilities, and perspectives. We work hard to build great things together—and make time to celebrate our accomplishments. We offer competitive salary and unlimited paid time off, the option to work remote one day a week, company-paid parking or transit pass, catered meals twice a week, and a kitchen stocked with unlimited snacks, coffee, and beer on tap!