Chief Medical Officer
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Treats a mixed patient population, across gender, age and ethnicity, as well as insured and uninsured patients.
- Interviews and examines patient to determine health history and general physical condition. Performs physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines.
- Orders or executes various tests, analyses, and diagnostic images to provide information on patient’s condition.
- Analyzes reports and findings from labwork and imaging ordered by providers
- Diagnoses conditions as appropriate
- Prescribes or recommends drugs or other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy, or related therapeutic procedures.
- Orders vaccinations for patients as appropriate
- Performs minor surgery.
- Refers patients to medical specialist or other practitioner for specialized treatment.
- Educates patients on a variety of health topics as appropriate during patient encounters
- Provides accurate and timely documentation of all patient encounters including phone encounters
- Completes Electronic Superbills on a daily basis that includes accurate ICD-10 and CPT codes
- Reports births, deaths, and outbreak of contagious diseases to governmental authorities.
- Participates in provider staff meetings to develop problem-solving techniques, and acquire team-building skills.
- Participates in peer reviews.
- Represent CMCF at conferences, meetings, and continuing education programs
- Performs other duties as assigned or as needed.
- Take call at both Bibb Medical Center as well as obstetric call at UAB Medical West; also, will take phones call for Cahaba Medical Care
- Helps precept medical students and residents during their OB rotation
- Assists with attending at CMC - Centreville
- Assists with didactic lectures to residents as assigned
- Participates in QI projects, MU, and other quality projects as introduced by the CMO / QIO
- Administrative and Supervisory responsibility:
Will perform clinical and/or other organizational related services as directed by the Medical Director. Will also participate in precepting medical students and residents as assigned by the CMO. Serves as a resource to mid-level providers in clinic.
Will be responsible for reviewing and cosigning notes for the shifts of attending that she is assigned
- Must be able to secure credentialing through identified agencies (Hospitals, Medicare, Medicaid, etc.)
- Board certification in field of residency training
- Previous experience working with target population highly desired.
- Certifications through the Drug Enforcement Agency and valid licensure in Alabama
- Must maintain board certification and a license in good standing with the state
- Must submit to the necessary privileging requirements including peer review, background checks, random drug tests, attestation by the physician and CMO that the physician is fit to perform his / her duties, participating in necessary quality improvement projects including PQRS, MU, and METRIC