Cahaba Medical Care Foundation
Position:Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Supervised by:Nurse Practitioner / RN
Duties and Responsibilities
● Triages all patients prior to the physician encounter including obtaining a weight, vital signs, chief complaint, and ensuring completion of appropriate intake forms.
● Administers injections as ordered by the physician or nurse practitioner
● Prepares the examination room and the necessary supplies for various procedures and is able to assist the physician or nurse practitioner as needed in the execution of those procedures including but not limited to gynecologic procedures, joint injections, minor surgical procedures, and suturing
● Takes x-rays when ordered by the physician or nurse practitioner.
● Assists the receptionist in answering phones, returning calls, refilling prescriptions, scheduling appointments as needed.
● Ensures that medical equipment and supplies stay ordered and stocked in each examination room (manages inventory)
● Assists in making referral appointments and setting up outpatient imaging as ordered by the physician or nurse practitioner.
● Assists with patient paperwork including patient assistance, diabetic supplies, durable medical goods forms, FMLA paperwork, etc
● Assists with patient education following provider encounter as directed by the physician
● Childhood vaccination program
● Assists with prenatal care coordination
Job is located in the Centreville Office.
● 2 year degree as a Licensed Practical Nurse
● Three to five years experience in an outpatient clinical setting.
● BLS certification
Benefits include: 401K, Health insurance coverage, ETO days, paid holidays