Position: Athletic Trainer - Outreach
Reports to: Chief Medical Officer (and to Chief Quality Officer for QA Assignments)
Position Summary: Provide Athletic Training Services to student athletes in collaboration with team coaches or by written referral from a physician.
- Education: Must possess at least a bachelors degree in a health related field.
- Experience: At least 5 years experience providing Athletic Training Services to student athletes.
- Certificate/License: Must be BOC certified and possess or be in the process of acquiring licensure, certification or registration from the state.
- Provide direct care of athletic injuries during practices, assigned games, and scrimmages.
- Maintain appropriate general treatment orders to be reviewed annually and approved by the team physician.
- Provide athletic training services for all home athletic contests and away varsity football games. If a conflict arises between an away varsity football game and a home contest, the varsity football event will supersede.
- Refer needed treatments to appropriate facilities.
- Act as liaison between family physicians and specialists, the school district, athletes and their parents.
- Document all reported injuries in appropriate records.
- Schedule and be present for pre-participation sports physicals.
- Communicate with coaches, parents, Athletic Director, and other health care professionals regarding status of injured athletes and expected date of return to competition.
- Assist the athletic director as requested.
- Ability to maintain friendly, cordial relations with Coaching staff, Athletic Director, and relationships with in the community.
- Maintain BOC certification by attending Continuing Education courses
- During time not providing athletic training services (about half the week, perform tasks as assigned by the Chief Quality Officer)
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Possible lifting, bending, walking, kneeling, stretching, and stooping. Requires normal hearing and eyesight to allow for patient interaction and transfer of patient information from the patient to medical record.