You have talent. By happy coincidence, Beyond needs talent.
We're on the lookout for a Director of Experience Design with 8+ years experience to help us create exceptional digital products for some of the world’s most exciting brands. As Director, you’ll manage, and partner with, a multidisciplinary team to find elegant but practical, delightful solutions to design challenges.
Above all, you’re an awesome human who loves being surrounded by — and collaborating with — smart, talented folks in a fun, fast-paced environment. If that sounds like you, reach out and show us what you’ve got.
What you’ll do:
What does it mean to be a Director, Experience Design at Beyond? Well, you'll have the opportunity to do things like:
- Manage product leads, creative technologists and other team members to design best-in-class user experiences and clear, systematic information architecture
- Own the design of intuitive experiences that are grounded in, and directly mapped to, business requirements and user needs
- Lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches
- Inform product decisions with user insights, letting real people’s needs guide us to the best possible solutions
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes to show stakeholders what’s possible before we build
- Ensure delivery of high quality UX and UI across multiple initiatives at any given time, providing oversight and guidance while maintaining alignment of the product team
- Define the overall UX strategy and vision for the user experience across multiple client initiatives
- Define Lean UX and UI processes that produce quality, innovation and rapid time to market
- Design and collaborate on user testing and usability research, effectively managing internal and external resources to deliver insights and actionable results
- Help grow our product capabilities by sharing your experience and methodologies with the company and product teams
- Work flexibly, proactively, and collaboratively with team members from multiple disciplines
- Present your work and communicate thought and reasoning behind it to all audiences, internal and external
- 8+ years of experience designing for consumer-focused tech and/or agencies
- Experience designing for all devices, and interest in new and emerging technologies
- Driven by user needs as defined by data, analytics and metrics
- Have products in the market that you have designed A/B testing strategies for and you have a deep understanding of analyzing results to define further tests
- A real understanding of the intricacies of using A/B testing software such as Google Analytics and Optimizely
- Experience writing design stories that narrate product successes with clear and concise language with demonstrable skills
- Champion of Lean UX and Agile, but also willing to learn more and improve processes
- Online portfolio that is a testimonial for your work and demonstrates your process, from sketches through iteration to launch and beyond
- Light front-end coding skills
We’re Beyond, a design company, and we’re focused on empowering you to leave a positive mark on the world. On top of a competitive salary, we offer great health benefits, matching 401K, parental leave, training funds, free snacks, and office dogs. Lots of office dogs. You’ll also get 20 days of PTO your first year, a week at Christmas, and your birthday off (just because).