is a digital design agency made up of bright and passionate individuals focused on creating and delivering beautiful experiences for our clients. Our clients are ambitious companies with mainstream profiles, across all verticals and operating in all sectors. Our work ranges from an individual specialist being positioned to deliver a core function within a targeted client program, to the full lifecycle creation of a product focused on transforming a pivotal market experience for our clients.
Beyond is looking for a Senior Back End Developer to join our London studio. He or she also works closely with outside technical teams to develop high traffic and boundary pushing applications.
As a Beyond Senior Back End Developer, you’ll have the chance to:
- Actively contribute to the strategy, growth and management of Beyond’s highly diverse and skilled engineering team
- Take on management and mentorship activities that will help build and enhance your interpersonal skills
- Build your soft skills in collaboration, communication and client relationship management
- Work closely with Client and Delivery Services to help develop client accounts, seek out new opportunities and help define new service opportunities
- Work with a variety of clients across different verticals and sectors as part of a Beyond project team
- Co-create and collaborate with different team members across the project, program and agency to ensure quality is embedded at both the process and program levels
As a Beyond Senior Back End Developer, we’d like you to bring:
- 5+ years experience with Python, Django and other related tech
- Advanced understanding of OO and MVC patterns, relational and non relational databases, data structure and design patterns
- Experience with Google App Engine and APIs
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience working in an agency environment with agile teams
- Exposure to Front end technologies and frameworks
- Experience coaching and mentoring developers
And in return, Beyond offers:
- A team of passionate people who genuinely care about what they do and the standard of work they produce
- A generous learning and development budget per employee per year
- Potential inter-office travel opportunities
- Competitive salary, flexible benefits schemes such as healthcare & dental, workplace pension, 25 days holiday, plus you get your birthday off for free and we have a paid office closure between Christmas and New Years
- 6% matched contribution pension scheme
- Flexible working options
- Monthly social events organised by the Beyond social committee
Having been named among Sunday Times Best 100 Companies, we believe culture plays a large role in what we offer as an organisation. We actively promote diversity in all its forms across our Studios and we proudly, passionately and pro-actively strive to create a culture of inclusivity and openness for all our employees.
Beyond is committed to welcoming everyone, regardless of gender identity, orientation or expression. Our mission is to remove exclusivity and barriers, and encourage new thinking and perceptions, in a space of belonging. It is not about race, gender or age, it is about people. And without our people being their most creative and innovative selves, we are nothing.
If you’re passionate about Back End Engineering, interested in progressively developing your skillset and have an appetite to make an impact on software design, please send us your CV and a link to your code samples.