is a digital design agency made up of bright and passionate individuals focused on creating and delivering beautiful experiences for our clients. Our clients are ambitious companies with mainstream profiles, across all verticals and operating in all sectors. Our work ranges from an individual specialist being positioned to deliver a core function within a targeted client program, to the full lifecycle creation of a product focused on transforming a pivotal market experience for our clients.
We are looking for a Visual Designer with a focus on user interface design to help us create exceptional digital products for some of the world’s most exciting brands (Google, Snapchat, Facebook, Warner Brothers, News UK, to name a few). As part of a hyper-collaborative multidisciplinary product team, you’ll help set the vision for end-to-end user experiences, and work hands-on to turn that vision into reality.
As a senior designer, you’ll have full autonomy on products and will shape their approach and strategic direction. You are passionate about developing beautiful, meaningful, human-centered products that meet both user needs and business goals. You’ll use that passion to exceed client expectations, inspire your coworkers, and help us build our product capabilities across the studio.
As a Beyond Senior Visual Designer, you’ll have the chance to:
- Design best-in-class user experiences/visuals through sketches, design comps and interaction/animation design
- Provide guidance and oversight for more junior designers to encourage their growth and ensure sound thinking and quality delivery.
- Support studio initiatives and client needs for creative design services as-needed
- Design mood boards, storyboards, interactive page layouts, site grids, wireframes, interface demos, flow charts, and shoot/retouch/enhance photos as-needed
- Support the product development process with production design, management and delivery of design assets, including style and implementation guide when necessary
- Craft beautiful, on-brand presentations for internal work (e.g. pitches) and client workshops/meetings
- Travel to clients’ offices when needed to better understand their environment and build empathy for their challenges
- Document your work when necessary in the form of presentations, sketches, wireframes, prototypes, etc.
- Plan, participate in (and often lead) workshops with colleagues and/or clients
- Create happy, thriving partnerships within nimble, collaborative, multidisciplinary teams and with clients.
As a Beyond Senior Visual Designer, we’d like you to bring:
- 5+ years experience in an agency environment, with experience leading successful digital projects.
- You are smart, humble, positive and like to work collaboratively.
- You have solid typography and layout skills, and understand how brand experiences translate across platforms.
- You can generate ideas and think beyond basic requirements to exceed expectations - we are not looking for a person who just ticks boxes.
- You have a future-forward mentality, a good understanding of technology, usability and how to translate big ideas into simple user interfaces, across a varied set of clients and projects.
- You think about solutions in motion and can quickly produce design sketches, prototypes or animated sequences to convey an idea.
- You have a clear design aesthetic that influences your work, but you’re also able to adapt your design approach to mesh with different brands and other designers’ ideas.
- You can think on your feet and jump into not only projects from the beginning, but also add value to ongoing engagements.
- You can bring your designs to life with a number of design and prototyping tools including Sketch, Principle, Invision, and the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Motion design and prototyping skills a big plus.
And in return, Beyond offers:
- A team of passionate people who genuinely care about what they do and the standard of work they produce
- A generous learning and development budget per employee per year
- Potential inter-office travel opportunities
- Competitive salary, flexible benefits schemes such as healthcare & dental, workplace pension, 25 days holiday, plus you get your birthday off for free and we have a paid office closure between Christmas and New Years
- 6% matched contribution pension scheme
- Flexible working options
- Monthly social events organised by the Beyond social committee
Having been named among Sunday Times Best 100 Companies, we believe culture plays a large role in what we offer as an organisation. We actively promote diversity in all its forms across our Studios and we proudly, passionately and pro-actively strive to create a culture of inclusivity and openness for all our employees.
Beyond is committed to welcoming everyone, regardless of gender identity, orientation or expression. Our mission is to remove exclusivity and barriers, and encourage new thinking and perceptions, in a space of belonging. It is not about race, gender or age, it is about people. And without our people being their most creative and innovative selves, we are nothing.
If you’re passionate about Visual Design, interested in progressively developing your skillset, please send us your CV and a link to your portfolio.