is a digital design agency made up of bright and passionate individuals focused on creating and delivering beautiful experiences for our clients. Our clients are ambitious companies with mainstream profiles, across all verticals and operating in all sectors. Our work ranges from an individual specialist being positioned to deliver a core function within a targeted client program, to the full lifecycle creation of a product focused on transforming a pivotal market experience for our clients.
With a focus on creating innovative tech and delivering impactful experiences, we are dedicated to the seamless art of software design and delivery and are seeking a passionate and diligent DevOps / Operations Engineer to join our dynamically diverse engineering team. We know the importance DevOps plays within the development lifecycle, and are continuously seeking to improve our approach and practices. We therefore seek an individual who is excited about the role and the impact it has on the development lifecycle and ultimately, the transformative products we deliver to our clients.
As a DevOps / Operations Engineer, you’ll have the chance to:
- Work with a variety of clients across different verticals and sectors as part of a Beyond project team
- Co-create and Collaborate with different team members from across the project, program and agency to make ensure quality is embedded at both the process and program level
- Further develop your skills in DevOps and Operations by actively learning new tools, methods and practices in alignment with operational recommendations and project requirements
- Gain knowledge in new business domains to help teams analyse, recommend, build and deliver quality solutions
As a Beyond DevOps / Operations Engineer, we’d like you to bring:
- 3+ years of commercial DevOps / Operations experience in the software development and delivery lifecycle
- 3+ years of practical, hands-on system and network administration experience (including cloud-based technologies such as Google Cloud, AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Practical, hands-on experience in operating, developing and supporting various infrastructure solutions - including Infrastructure as Code with Terraform and cloud-based technologies, such as Google Cloud, AWS, Azure, etc.
- Sound understanding and experience in CI/CD, with hands-on experience in using GitLab, Jenkins, Bitbucket Pipelines and Pipeline as Code approach
- Breadth and depth of experience in supporting scalable web applications via Docker, PHP, Node.js and Python
- Confident and skilled in managing Linux-based systems and creating operational tools
- Exposure to and working knowledge of web, network and application security concepts (ex: OWASP) and adherence to industry standards, such as ISO27001, PCI, HIPAA
- Have confident command of PHP, Python and Node.js programming languages
- A desire, interest and eagerness to deliver quality, detail-oriented output/documentation to ensure knowledge transfer
- An ability to manage and prioritise multiple activities, across multiple projects, while ensuring output quality
- A comfortable yet professional communication style that easily translates across teams and within client spaces
- An ability to quickly adapt to and thrive in fast-paced, ever-changing client environments
And in return, Beyond offers:
- A team of passionate people who genuinely care about what they do and the standard of work they produce
- A generous learning and development budget per employee per year
- Potential inter-office travel opportunities
- Competitive salary, flexible benefits schemes such as healthcare & dental, workplace pension, 25 days holiday, plus you get your birthday off for free and we have a paid office closure between Christmas and New Years
- 6% matched contribution pension scheme
- Flexible working options
- Monthly social events organised by the Beyond social committee
Having been named among Sunday Times Best 100 Companies, we believe culture plays a large role in what we offer as an organisation. We actively promote diversity in all its forms across our Studios and we proudly, passionately and pro-actively strive to create a culture of inclusivity and openness for all our employees.
Beyond is committed to welcoming everyone, regardless of gender identity, orientation or expression. Our mission is to remove exclusivity and barriers, and encourage new thinking and perceptions, in a space of belonging. It is not about race, gender or age, it is about people. And without our people being their most creative and innovative selves, we are nothing.
If you’re passionate about DevOps and Operations, interested in progressively developing your skillset and have an appetite to make an impact on software design, please send us your CV.