is a digital design agency made up of bright and passionate individuals focused on creating and delivering beautiful experiences for our clients. Our clients are ambitious companies with mainstream profiles, across all verticals and operating in all sectors.
Beyond is looking for a mid-level UX Designer with a focus in design and research to help us create exceptional digital products for some of the world’s most exciting brands (Google, Snapchat, Facebook, Warner Brothers, News UK, to name a few). As part of a hyper-collaborative multidisciplinary product team, you’ll help set the vision for end-to-end user experiences and work hands-on to turn that vision into reality.
As a developing UX Designer, you’ll often have full autonomy on products with guidance and support from senior team members when you need it. You are driven by user needs as defined by data, analytics and metrics. You are passionate about developing beautiful, meaningful, human-centred products that meet both user needs and business goals. You’ll use that passion to exceed client expectations, inspire your coworkers, and help us build our product capabilities across the studio.
We are currently expanding our creative team, refreshing our brand and updating our look across all platforms. It’s an exciting time to join us. Here’s a sneak peek at what we’ve been up to https://vimeo.com/367786028/b1783d5873
As a Beyond UX Designer, you’ll have the chance to:
- Design best-in-class user experiences and clear, systematic information architecture
- Plan and execute user research, including usability testing, surveys, focus groups, ethnography, and guerrilla-style testing
- Work with users to understand their needs and pain points and to identify opportunities for improvement and new ideas
- Craft clean, cogent, on-brand presentations for internal work (e.g. pitches) and client workshops/meetings
- Travel to clients’ offices when needed to better understand their environment and build empathy for their challenges
- Document your work when necessary in the form of presentations, sketches, wireframes, prototypes, etc
- Plan and participate in (sometimes lead) workshops with colleagues and/or clients
- Approach every problem with a lean UX mindset, supporting product quality, innovation, and rapid time to market
- Create happy, thriving partnerships within nimble, collaborative, multidisciplinary teams and with clients
As a Beyond UX Designer, we’d like you to bring:
- Your focus on UX and your calling and affinity for other areas of the product development process and a strong appreciation of UI
- 3+ years of experience designing for all devices in consumer-focused tech and/or agencies
- An interest in and experience working with digital strategies or collaborating with digital strategists
- Ability to work comfortably toward pixel-perfection or with low-fi sketches, depending on need
- Your ability to bring your designs to life with a number of UX, design and prototyping tools including Sketch, Principle, Invision, and the Adobe Creative Suite
- Your desire to learn and grow in your discipline, and regularly seek feedback from coworkers to help you do so
And in return, Beyond offers:
- A team of passionate people who genuinely care about what they do and the standard of work they produce
- A generous learning and development budget per employee per year
- Potential inter-office travel opportunities
- Competitive salary, flexible benefits schemes such as healthcare & dental, workplace pension, 25 days holiday, plus you get your birthday off for free and we have a paid office closure between Christmas and New Year’s Day (so about 30 days leave a year PLUS bank holidays!)
- 6% matched contribution pension scheme
- We offer flexible working to everyone, under our “Beyond Flexibility” programme. Ask about this at interview!
- Monthly social events organised by the Beyond social committee
Having been named among Sunday Times Best 100 Companies, we believe culture plays a large role in what we offer as an organisation. We actively promote diversity in all its forms across our studios and we proudly, passionately and proactively strive to create a culture of inclusivity and openness for all our employees.
Beyond is committed to welcoming everyone, regardless of gender identity, orientation or expression. Our mission is to remove exclusivity and barriers and encourage new thinking and perceptions, in a space of belonging. It is not about race, gender or age, it is about people. And without our people being their most creative and innovative selves, we are nothing.
If you're interested in this position, please send a link to your portfolio and LinkedIn profile must be provided to be considered for this position.